GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
16v & VR6 Gearbox
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: 16v & VR6 Gearbox (Read 1765 times)
ace
I live here
Posts: 604
16v & VR6 Gearbox
«
on:
16 May 2009, 14:44 »
basically, my bro-in-law has a dead 16v and has been given a vr6 engine, is it a straight swap???
can u use a 16v gearbox with a VR6 engine???
also would we need a new ecu as well???
Logged
Cable
I live here
Posts: 579
Re: 16v & VR6 Gearbox
«
Reply #1 on:
16 May 2009, 14:47 »
yh new ECU and they are the same gearboxes
Logged
ace
I live here
Posts: 604
Re: 16v & VR6 Gearbox
«
Reply #2 on:
16 May 2009, 14:49 »
thats good news
always thought they were different gearboxes
Logged
Paul86S2
I live here
Posts: 1,376
Re: 16v & VR6 Gearbox
«
Reply #3 on:
16 May 2009, 15:40 »
I would check this if i was you. I'm fairly certain they are different.
Paul
Logged
Mikester
Forum addict
Posts: 6,427
Civic Type R
Re: 16v & VR6 Gearbox
«
Reply #4 on:
16 May 2009, 16:19 »
I think the boxes will be different, but 16v and VR6 both use a hydrolic clutch so there shouldnt be to much of a fitting problem. Might have to use use the 16v fly wheel though?
Not sure but wouldnt think it would be that hard a fit.
«
Last Edit: 16 May 2009, 16:28 by Mikester
»
Logged
Khare
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,626
The bear that khares
Re: 16v & VR6 Gearbox
«
Reply #5 on:
16 May 2009, 16:25 »
think i heard RJ say something about 16v and vr6 having different bell housing or something.
Logged
ace
I live here
Posts: 604
Re: 16v & VR6 Gearbox
«
Reply #6 on:
16 May 2009, 16:36 »
Quote from: Khare on 16 May 2009, 16:25
think i heard RJ say something about 16v and vr6 having different bell housing or something.
yeah just been on vr6oc they say the same thing, but its not a major issue to change it from what i gather.
Logged
mat-ryder
Here all the time
Posts: 384
Re: 16v & VR6 Gearbox
«
Reply #7 on:
17 May 2009, 03:37 »
im sure its the same 02a box in both
Logged
Wayne
Sir Postalot
Posts: 32,051
Re: 16v & VR6 Gearbox
«
Reply #8 on:
17 May 2009, 10:16 »
Different bellhousing I believe.
Logged
rubjonny
10k hero
Posts: 16,349
Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: 16v & VR6 Gearbox
«
Reply #9 on:
18 May 2009, 08:01 »
yes bellhousing is completly different, the internals are the same except for gear ratios though. the existing hydro clutch/cable shift bits will swap over
Logged
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
16v & VR6 Gearbox