Author Topic: What Deals Are We Getting On MK6 GTI ?  (Read 37145 times)

Offline glesgagolf

• Not said much yet
What Deals Are We Getting On MK6 GTI ?
« on: 03 April 2009, 21:30 »
Let us know what kind of deals we are getting on the new MK6 GTI ? Give everyone an idea what there chances of ordering a new one are ?

Cheers Lads

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
Re: What Deals Are We Getting On MK6 GTI ?
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2009, 00:47 »
None.... as far as I'm aware.  The best they could offer was a 'fair' if not good part exchange on my current ST, which I was quite happy with.  For reasons unknown to me, I was informed by the stealer that supply will be limited to two allocations per dealer for the first couple of months.... consequently they were in no rush to offer any discounts.  However I'm sure things will change, once they ramp up production.  Give it a few months, once all the hype and publicity has died down.

Hopefully mine is due sometime in June.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2009, 09:55 »
I know i spotted 9% off on my rounds of some of the internet brokers.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2009, 14:54 »
I know i spotted 9% off on my rounds of some of the internet brokers.

Some ? I have checked a lot and can't even find one broker thats got the mk6 gti listed.

As you found some, could you post them, or even post one.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2009, 18:32 »
Some ? I have checked a lot and can't even find one broker thats got the mk6 gti listed.

I have 6 sides of A4 of brokers :wink: so you have not checked the right ones yet  :drool:
Heres one i remember but im not going through the complete list again, especially as you did not ask nice. :tongue:

http://www.uk-car-discount.co.uk/search_results.php?page=3&total=40&make=volkswagen&model=golf

Thats a lower discount than when i originally checked earlier in the week as it was one of the ~9% thats  why the name stuck in my mind. :wink:
« Last Edit: 04 April 2009, 18:47 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 04 April 2009, 22:15 »

I have 6 sides of A4 of brokers :wink: so you have not checked the right ones yet  :drool:
Heres one i remember but im not going through the complete list again, especially as you did not ask nice. :tongue:

http://www.uk-car-discount.co.uk/search_results.php?page=3&total=40&make=volkswagen&model=golf

Thats a lower discount than when i originally checked earlier in the week as it was one of the ~9% thats  why the name stuck in my mind. :wink:

Thanks for that, please share your brokers, I'd appreciate it.

I have found this one in my travels, it shows the GTI mk6 for a very reasonable £20,313

http://www.buyacar.co.uk/detailyq24164.jhtml

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2009, 12:19 »
If you can wait till the bankholiday i should have abit more spare time then and i will try and put some time aside to type a few out. :smiley: The list is one i have just kept adding too over the years so some may not deal with VW some may not even now exist so i will have to go through the list again.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2009, 12:20 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline mfrgolfgti

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 08 April 2009, 22:57 »
None based on my experience of our local VW dealership.  I went in there with my vgc 2006 gti to get a part exchange deal on a new top of the range gti.  I specced up a car to match my existing gti and the price came to approx £30k.  they said they could only offer me £450 off the total price of the new car!  Are they living in the real world?  I haven't signed up but they are talking about July delivery.  They offered me a good price for my car but that price isn't set in stone until the new car comes in anyway so may go down.  Not impressed.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 08 April 2009, 23:56 »
Just found better than buyacar.co.uk

http://www.autobytel.co.uk/NewCars/NewCarDetails.aspx?Car=43134

Autobytel - £20,240 with 12 months free tax - they also have discounts on the extras, around 10% on most of them.
« Last Edit: 08 April 2009, 23:59 by VWKev »

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2009, 00:13 »
Just beat it again

http://www.dealdrivers.co.uk/html/new_golf.html

£20,092 with Road tax, or even the DSG version for £21,263 which is a great price.