Author Topic: What Deals Are We Getting On MK6 GTI ?  (Read 37142 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: What Deals Are We Getting On MK6 GTI ?
« Reply #20 on: 20 April 2009, 23:12 »
When i configured one on the net that i would like (admit it was quit high spec) it came to around 28k

does the deal drivers offer any discounts on options too?

Yes they do. To me it looks around 10% maybe more.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 11 June 2009, 20:02 »
Anyone getting any decent deals on the GTI at their dealers???
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 11 June 2009, 21:27 »
Booked a test drive on sat, already agreed a price for my MK5, will let you know if any discounts via the dealer. Dealer did say could be up to 12 weeks before delivery!!!!!!!!!!!
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 11 June 2009, 21:34 »
Booked a test drive on sat, already agreed a price for my MK5, will let you know if any discounts via the dealer. Dealer did say could be up to 12 weeks before delivery!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get a decent price for you mk5?
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 11 June 2009, 21:38 »
Better than I expected. Dec 04 model, Tornado Red, Leather, Sat Nav (useless), Zenons, Winter and Convinience pack, 17" standard wheels, 49K - offered £10K as part ex providing mileage does not exceed 55K by the time new car arrives.
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 12 June 2009, 11:10 »
Lots of talk and supposed deals,has anyone actually done a deal yet ?, and if so please post the details  so at least we will know its not just pie in the sky .Some of the deals seem very good why are`nt you snapping there hands off. :undecided:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 13 June 2009, 20:08 »
Like i thought :grin:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 23 June 2009, 18:25 »
There's been quite a few more people on here in the last week saying they have either ordered or have got the new GTI.  Anyone get a deal on these. 

The reason I ask is that I've got in touch with 2 dealers for a new GTI.  5 door red with DSG and with other bits and pieces which takes the price upto £25,220.

One dealer has offered me £12,600 for my 06 GTI (5door, DBP, with 18's and 24,000mls) in september and another £12,600 for the new gti on a 59 plate.  I contacted another local dealer to see what he could do.

It would be nice to hear what sort of deals others are getting even if no-one is getting anything.

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 23 June 2009, 21:44 »
OK chaps, first post so be nice!

I'm collecting a tornado 5 dr MK6 with 18" Monza'a shadows and winterpack next Monday, ordered last week from Loders in Dorchester.

Firstly, if you're flexible on spec, there are built cars in Germany that can come over in a couple of weeks.  I'm getting almost the spec I want but not waiting.

Next deal, surprisingly I spoke to two local dealers who stated (with a touch of smug arrogance) that there was zero discount on a MK6 GTI.  I told them politely that I didn't think paying list price in the current economic climate was wise, they said no deal so I walked. Their loss! They did say that they had sold their current allocation so couldn't get any more anyway. Hmmm....

Anyways, I traded in my 08 Scirocco GT TSI that I bought last November for £21K with 800 miles on her (was £25.5K list) and was offered book value of £19K from stealer now with 13000 miles on it. Agreed the deal at £19775 on the PX with finance at cost so was happy, that was a grand better than their offer and i'm happy that they're doing OK out of it, i'm a firm believer that they need to make a decent living too.

So that's my deal, can't wait to get the car. 

Cheers.

Offline themanmath

• Just got here
« Reply #29 on: 24 June 2009, 11:44 »
I was told a similar story in that there were no discounts on the new gti, very few slots for the dealers to place an order. My dealer has chosen to order 4 up front, which they were then amending the specs when someone came in and bought one.

I asked for a discount on leather, he refused a number of times. In the end, I agreed to sign there and then if he took £500 off the list price, which he did.

Metallic Black, Monzas, delivery start of september on a 59' plate. No build date as yet. Counting the days...