Author Topic: Drew's 8v RED ride....new car!  (Read 40433 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Drew's 8v white ride
« Reply #40 on: 12 March 2009, 20:11 »
Looks nice plus rare car to find in white.

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 12 March 2009, 21:34 »
You still coming up Buxton way a lot for the missus Drew??

Just remember not to drop it too much...............you know what the roads are like up here  :sad:  :wink:

Just got a 40mm kit from here and I'll be fitting it over the Easter weekend, hopefully I'll keep me fillings!

Yes mate. . up on Thurs to get her.. then take her back Sunday like clock. fun drive really as the road to ashbounre is cool and half way to buxton from there not too bad but then gets bit crap! so yeah, don't wanna drop it toooo much as could be a pain! what kit you get mate. . be sure to get some pics!  :smiley:

Looks nice plus rare car to find in white.

Cheers mate. . . just trying to keep her that way, quite hard to keep on top of it always. few bits still need doing.

just needs to be lower and darker alloys that will be it really and a few lighting things inside.  :smiley:

how low was yours wayned mate?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #42 on: 12 March 2009, 21:36 »
Silly low in the end, 90mm front and around 80mm rear, would never go that low again to be honest.

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 12 March 2009, 21:52 »
ah. . quite low indeed then!

was thinking 60/40 as i travel quite a few country roads that are a little harsh.  :sad:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #44 on: 12 March 2009, 21:56 »
ah. . quite low indeed then!

was thinking 60/40 as i travel quite a few country roads that are a little harsh.  :sad:

Will be fine at that and would look good.

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 13 March 2009, 07:41 »

Yes mate. . up on Thurs to get her.. then take her back Sunday like clock. fun drive really as the road to ashbounre is cool and half way to buxton from there not too bad but then gets bit crap! so yeah, don't wanna drop it toooo much as could be a pain! what kit you get mate. . be sure to get some pics!  :smiley:

It,s a G-max kit I bought from Kash_5. I'll sort some pictures as soon as it's done and report on the ride around here   :wink:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 13 March 2009, 20:32 »
That be cool mate!  :cool:

Have just found out a small issuei might have tho now too. .  when carrying peeps on the back my backbox pipe to the middle box knocks on the axel.. . . guess this is gonna get worse when lower?  :sad:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #47 on: 13 March 2009, 21:13 »
That be cool mate!  :cool:

Have just found out a small issuei might have tho now too. .  when carrying peeps on the back my backbox pipe to the middle box knocks on the axel.. . . guess this is gonna get worse when lower?  :sad:

Mine was the same, turned out to be the clamp, I had an exhaust place turn the it around and was fine even as low as it was.

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 13 March 2009, 21:41 »
Turn the clamp around matey? iknow which clamp you mean and looks fine and secure when i saw it hte other day when up on the ramps.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #49 on: 13 March 2009, 23:37 »
Turn the clamp around matey? iknow which clamp you mean and looks fine and secure when i saw it hte other day when up on the ramps.

Just make sure it is not hitting the beam.