Author Topic: Drew's 8v RED ride....new car!  (Read 40543 times)

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
Re: Drew's 8v white ride
« Reply #60 on: 17 April 2009, 19:45 »
8v8v . .looking good mate. . how much more you going at the rear?

Love the wheels Andy. . think black and the right design would look awesome!  :smiley: more so with the white.

was looking for some Anni ones then to get sprayed up black. will have to see. you going to any shows this year? could convoy down.  :cool:

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 18 April 2009, 08:01 »
Gonna try to mate. That would be  :cool:

Just can't commit to anything at the moment cos I'm off to China in a couple of weeks on business and I'll have to make at least 4 more trips this year but not sure when  :angry:

The anni wheels would look  :cool: Mate, just finding some at the right money though. The only reason I didn't go for them is that they are a bit high maintenance trying to keep the corrosion at bay. The GF has some on her Polo GTI and they're a real mess (guess who's job that's going to be to refurb  :angry: )

The one show I'll definitely be going to is the Tatton park show in cheshire......really enjoyed it there last year and there were some great cars (which made me spend loads of money on mine  :smiley: )

Are you just looking for a BBS wheel then or are you just looking at all wheel types at the mo??

'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 19 April 2009, 22:48 »
yeah. . i'd only be going if the weather was right on the day anyway really.  :smiley:

Yeah. . BBS really as love the Anni wheels but not too sure, would just be what i thought looks best. would have to be black tho i think. just keeping my eye out at the mo. not sure if to commint to any mods just yet as playing with the idea of a mk2. was thinking a mk3 vr6 as its only a little more on the insurance but with the extra costs on parts and fuel gonna give it a miss.

do love the mk2's tho....

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #63 on: 20 April 2009, 10:36 »
I agree with you on the Mk2 mate  :cool: :cool:

Just finding one that's good and doesn't cost the earth is the problem.

There is an Oak green 3 door round here with a cage in it that looks mint.

My sister has a VR6 that she is having to sell because she has found out that she's pregnant......think she wants around £1500 for it.

I have some 15" VR6 BBS wheels that I use for winter that do look well when they're on. Could do you a deal for your long beach if you wanted a change  :wink:

'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 22 April 2009, 18:46 »
yeah. . costing the earth is the problem if you want a mint one. was thinking of getting one that needs some work doing but then you will still end up with a mint one costing the earth!  :grin: but i guess the money goes over time and have fun working on it.  :smiley:

will have to see. . . would love to keep mine and get a white mk2.  :cool:

got any pics of your VR6 BBS wheels mate?

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #65 on: 23 April 2009, 09:33 »
Yeh, get the two on your drive Mate  :cool: :cool:

I keep looking round at different motors myself, keeping with a dub but unsure what to do  :undecided: caddy??  :undecided:

This is a pic of mine the day I picked it up and brought it home,

It's the best shot that I have to hand at the mo.

one wheel has a little kurbing on it (not done by myself I might add  :smiley:) but not bad and they have a few chips and scratches in the paint......ideal for a refurb to get them like the ones in the previous pic you posted  :wink:
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 23 April 2009, 21:53 »
Seen some nice Caddys on piston heads mate. very nice.

yeah, would love to have both but will just have to see. when i come to do some work on her or give her a good clean i dont want to part.  :grin: :rolleyes: plus be worth more to me if i keep her.

like the wheels mate but not sure what they'd look like refurd black?? want to go for black for sure for my next alloys.  :cool:

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 23 April 2009, 22:54 »
forgot to say . .your windows tinted? how much?  :smiley:

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 24 April 2009, 07:55 »
Hi Mate,

Yes, they are tinted. A mate has his own vinyl graphics business (bikes, rally cars etc.) and he wanted to get into the tinting business so he used my car and some others to practice on  :smiley: :cool: :smiley:

Like I say though, he was practicing so it ain't the best job in the world but it only cost me £30 for the tint  :grin:

He has been on a course now and is much better at it..........not sure on the price though now  :undecided:

I must say though that it does have it's advantages. When your car's out in the sun all day it doesn't feel like it's gas mark 5 in there when you get in and also when you are in traffic at night you don't get any glare from the cars behind  :smiley:

Anyway, the guy who did my tints works in Bakewell so if you are interested, I'll give you his number and you can call in and have a chat about some tints when you are on your way up to see the missus  :wink:
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 24 April 2009, 20:31 »
ah cool. . cheers mate.  will be sure to get number once i get few other things sorted first.  :smiley:

hopefully. .  lowering first then to see which wheels look best, black of course.

aiming for dropped a little, black alloys, and slighty tinted windows. have smoked rear lights and going to sort smoked side repeaters tomorrow. . not sure about headlights tho.

should be looking sweet once all that is done.  :cool: