Author Topic: how too (bodge) fit a mk4 steering wheel  (Read 16840 times)

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
Re: how too (bodge) fit a mk4 steering wheel
« Reply #30 on: 03 April 2012, 18:32 »
but how would that work if you have an after market steering wheel without airbag, if the light doesnt come on then theres no way of them knowing that the car came with an air bag surely?


thanks for the info though on the mod, going to use this to fit an audi RS TT/R8 steering wheel in the next few weeks.

Would like to see the finished product off this :smiley:

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: how too (bodge) fit a mk4 steering wheel
« Reply #31 on: 03 April 2012, 18:39 »
hopefully il have the wheel by the end of april and fitted by then.
found out the new style TT have the same spline size as the older shape ones and the old ones fit a mk4 golf fine, so will just have to drill out the hole (pains me to say il have to drill out an R8 steering wheel! hah)

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: how too (bodge) fit a mk4 steering wheel
« Reply #32 on: 03 April 2012, 23:56 »
I'm looking forward to seeing that mate, I need some steering wheel inspiration.

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: how too (bodge) fit a mk4 steering wheel
« Reply #33 on: 04 April 2012, 00:05 »
wll basically be this one
« Last Edit: 04 April 2012, 13:37 by Gash »

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: how too (bodge) fit a mk4 steering wheel
« Reply #34 on: 04 April 2012, 13:31 »
An invisible one?

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: how too (bodge) fit a mk4 steering wheel
« Reply #35 on: 22 April 2012, 19:14 »
I just did this and now my horn keeps sounding when I turn the wheel or put pressure on it, I have disconnected it for now but can't figure out what is setting it off....I have connected the black car wire straight to the brown wire as it says


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: how too (bodge) fit a mk4 steering wheel
« Reply #36 on: 22 April 2012, 19:17 »
Is the horn wires crossing over any of the metal inside the wheel? If so Itl be earthing and then setting it off..?
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: how too (bodge) fit a mk4 steering wheel
« Reply #37 on: 22 April 2012, 20:36 »
It does but none of the wire strands are exposed. It only seems to happen if The wheel turns to a certain point or if the wheel is pushed


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote