GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
any1 know what this earth is for?
« previous
next »
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Author
Topic: any1 know what this earth is for? (Read 2398 times)
Golf_GT_TDI
I live here
Posts: 886
2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
Re: any1 know what this earth is for?
«
Reply #10 on:
19 April 2012, 18:43 »
I had a VR6 with heated washers and that didn't have the earth strap fitted
edit: just to add that as far as I remember the heated washers wiring loom has its own earth
«
Last Edit: 19 April 2012, 18:45 by Golf_GT_TDI
»
Logged
Ess_Three
I live here
Posts: 3,123
Re: any1 know what this earth is for?
«
Reply #11 on:
19 April 2012, 18:43 »
Quote from: gasketface on 19 April 2012, 18:10
Is it not for the heated washers then ?.
Nope, they have two wires to each washer jet.
Logged
Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.
off_the_cuff
GTI forum regular
Posts: 106
Re: any1 know what this earth is for?
«
Reply #12 on:
19 April 2012, 23:45 »
any other 1s i should check?
Logged
gti gaz
I live here
Posts: 592
Re: any1 know what this earth is for?
«
Reply #13 on:
20 April 2012, 08:07 »
Bonnet to body earth mine was missing when I got mine but have a new one now made no diffrence
Logged
Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
any1 know what this earth is for?