GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Deano2711 on 26 April 2012, 21:33

Title: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Deano2711 on 26 April 2012, 21:33
After 3 nights (after work) I have finally managed to get the Lenso's (thanks VRDan) fitted on the car and the correct ride height which took some doing as I wanted it as low as possible without rubbing and with no arch work. Did however find the ultimate trolley jack along the way  :smiley:

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Lensos3.jpg)

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Lensos2.jpg)

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Lensos.jpg)

Sorry for the poor pictures but I only had a minute as I was leaving work. Will take some better pics hopefully (weather permitting) at the weekend when I have cleaned her up.
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: VW BUSH on 26 April 2012, 21:35
That jack rocks :grin:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: dragongreengolfgti on 26 April 2012, 21:38
dont want to sound rude or off putting mate but i prefer the wheels in your sig pic apart from that lovely motor  :smiley:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Deano2711 on 26 April 2012, 21:41
dont want to sound rude or off putting mate but i prefer the wheels in your sig pic apart from that lovely motor  :smiley:

Everyone's opinion is welcome Mate, that's the idea of an open forum  :wink:  The wheels in the sig picture are no longer available to me as I always liked the Lenso's and had to do a deal on my old rims to get the Lenso's. 
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Wayne on 26 April 2012, 21:45
Sorry to say it Dean but it looked better on the RX's  :sad:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: dom on 26 April 2012, 21:47
Sorry Dean but I also preferred the RX's, I think it's maybe because the tyres on the Lenso's are too big?

Get some spacers on to bring them flush & they'll look a bit better :wink:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Deano2711 on 26 April 2012, 21:58
Sorry Dean but I also preferred the RX's, I think it's maybe because the tyres on the Lenso's are too big?

Get some spacers on to bring them flush & they'll look a bit better :wink:

I had to go for slightly bigger tyres if I wanted to get on my drive and if I put spacers on it will push them into the arches. They only just clear as it is.
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: VW BUSH on 26 April 2012, 21:59
Sorry Dean but I also preferred the RX's, I think it's maybe because the tyres on the Lenso's are too big?

Get some spacers on to bring them flush & they'll look a bit better :wink:

I reckon some spacers and a lower profile or stretch and they will look good, bit of a refurb and some new cap swill top it off
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Gavv8 on 26 April 2012, 22:05
Very nice mate, they look good to me.
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Deano2711 on 26 April 2012, 22:10
Sorry Dean but I also preferred the RX's, I think it's maybe because the tyres on the Lenso's are too big?

Get some spacers on to bring them flush & they'll look a bit better :wink:

I reckon some spacers and a lower profile or stretch and they will look good, bit of a refurb and some new cap swill top it off

The rims have very few marks on them !!!!!  Need a good clean that's all
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Deano2711 on 26 April 2012, 22:11
Very nice mate, they look good to me.

At last someone that agrees with me  :grin: :grin:  Cheers Bud
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: mad4vws on 26 April 2012, 22:12
i too like the alloys in your sig + i think the tryes look a bit big  other than that nice wheels.... :wink: :smiley:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: negawsklov on 27 April 2012, 13:34
Whats the tyre/rim size as working out the what to set the wifes gti at. She has got 8/9x16 with 195/205 40's
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: VR6_Wherry on 27 April 2012, 14:36
I like the Lenso's though i do think the tyres are too big as well. I'm guessing they are 15s?
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: mrsaunders on 27 April 2012, 14:59
I much prefer the anni wheels, still looks good though
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Gti_Jamo on 27 April 2012, 15:06
Love the Lenso's, a nice cheap alternative to the BBS's although I think 16's would be better suited. They look a bit lost under those arches!
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: stainesy on 27 April 2012, 15:34
lenso look good but as said tyres to big. i run 15 lenso with 40 tyres and made a nice drop as in my sig pic.
stick some 40s on them mate and drop it  :wink: :grin:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: F17BAD on 27 April 2012, 17:33
Deano.. gonna be honest, not feeling those at all, look waaaaay too small. your BBS and old stance was near spot on IMO
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: wakeskater on 27 April 2012, 17:37
im just goin to say if they go up for sale PM me :wink:

   and the anni wheels looked way  better

 .im still lookin for some
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Deano2711 on 27 April 2012, 18:48
They are 15's and I had to go for 195 50's as I could not get on and off my drive if I had 45's on !!!!!  The drop is down as much as I can go without arch work. I personally like them and realise that the Anni rims were a part of the car but I have always liked these rims and am now going down the route of getting the car how I want it and not keeping to the Anni spec as I was before. At the end of the day I have no plans to sell it so will not have to worry about the original features  :wink: 

I appreciate the comments and everyone is welcome to their opinion which is what a forum is all about. Some people like them others don't but if we were all the same then that would be boring  :grin: :grin:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: F17BAD on 27 April 2012, 18:55
nobody can argue with that pal :wink:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: stainesy on 27 April 2012, 20:11
They are 15's and I had to go for 195 50's as I could not get on and off my drive if I had 45's on !!!!!  The drop is down as much as I can go without arch work. I personally like them and realise that the Anni rims were a part of the car but I have always liked these rims and am now going down the route of getting the car how I want it and not keeping to the Anni spec as I was before. At the end of the day I have no plans to sell it so will not have to worry about the original features  :wink: 

I appreciate the comments and everyone is welcome to their opinion which is what a forum is all about. Some people like them others don't but if we were all the same then that would be boring  :grin: :grin:

Spot on mate.  :wink:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: search on 27 April 2012, 20:29
do you have red seat belts? id be more than happy to buy them off you if you don't like them either lol. i like your new alloys just saying. at the end of the day its your car if you want to put a big yellow sun on your roof thats up to you lol.
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Deano2711 on 27 April 2012, 21:16
do you have red seat belts? id be more than happy to buy them off you if you don't like them either lol. i like your new alloys just saying. at the end of the day its your car if you want to put a big yellow sun on your roof thats up to you lol.

Red seat belts are staying Bud  :smiley: :smiley:  Big yellow sun now there's an idea   :cool:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Junior74 on 27 April 2012, 21:21
Looks good mate..!!!!  :smiley:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: DUBboi12 on 27 April 2012, 22:33
I like them bud, they look really nice :smiley:
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: VR6_Wherry on 28 April 2012, 09:36
I have pink headlights an dtm mirrors. We all do what we want, any plans on getting them painted or staying as is?
Title: Re: Finally got my Lenso's fitted and correct ride height !!!!
Post by: Deano2711 on 28 April 2012, 10:56
I have pink headlights an dtm mirrors. We all do what we want, any plans on getting them painted or staying as is?

Staying as they are Bud  :cool: