GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 19:56

Title: Do I have something missing??
Post by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 19:56
Apart from the obvious  :laugh:

What I mean is, in the boot, on the drivers side I have a detachable panel (which is there), however, I dont have 1 on the passenger side and it almost looks as if there should be a detachable panel here also??

Do you get which bit I'm on about?
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: tech1889 on 19 March 2011, 19:57
na just drivers side.. passenger should have bracket for first aid kit no ?
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: topher on 19 March 2011, 19:58
cd changer normally goes in the passenger side
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 20:00
na just drivers side.. passenger should have bracket for first aid kit no ?

Yep, got the bracket, just looks like it should have a panel there..........maybe I'll make one

Thanks for that though
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: tech1889 on 19 March 2011, 20:03
na no panel mate.. some people build a sub box for that side..
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: symsymma on 19 March 2011, 20:07
Ive got a panel that opens that has th braket etc behind it two twist clips no? :undecided:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: golf-sib on 19 March 2011, 20:08
Panel on mine, with two plastic turn locks to keep it on. Hold cd changer and first aid kit, or in my case jump leads  :laugh: :grin:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 20:09
Ive got a panel that opens that has th braket etc behind it two twist clips no? :undecided:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! show me pics god damn it!!!!!
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: topher on 19 March 2011, 20:09
like this.. http://www.ex-parrot.com/pdw/neo/neo5.jpg although someone has stuck some random stereo type stuff in this one
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 20:10
Panel on mine, with two plastic turn locks to keep it on. Hold cd changer and first aid kit, or in my case jump leads  :laugh: :grin:

And again Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! show me pics god damn it!!!!!
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: tech1889 on 19 March 2011, 20:10
oh yer mine did have that my bad lol
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: symsymma on 19 March 2011, 20:10
Or a litre of oil fits in there nice. :smiley:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 20:12
like this.. http://www.ex-parrot.com/pdw/neo/neo5.jpg although someone has stuck some random stereo type stuff in this one

Yes Topher thats the bit!! So, how many people have this SUPER-DUPER SPECIAL MY GOLFS BETTER THAN YOUR GOLF panel then?

And where pray tell can I get one??
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: symsymma on 19 March 2011, 20:12
Or a litre of oil fits in there nice. :smiley:
in the bottle still by the way :laugh:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: golf-sib on 19 March 2011, 20:13
The s3's have a smaller compartment with a sub box in there if I remember correctly. If that's not it then I am lost  :undecided:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 20:14
Or a litre of oil fits in there nice. :smiley:
in the bottle still by the way :laugh:

lol.
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 20:14
The s3's have a smaller compartment with a sub box in there if I remember correctly. If that's not it then I am lost  :undecided:

Not helping......................
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: houston on 19 March 2011, 20:16
The panels on mine too. got the cd changer, the amplifier anand the warning triangle, no first aid kit, dont think it was put there? Even tho the panel has a first aid badge on
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: symsymma on 19 March 2011, 20:18
They all have it as far as im aware,just the symbols on them that vary.try a breakers yard its on sum sort o hinges one side and twist clips the other to hold it shut :smiley:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 20:18
So, where can I get 1 from then??  :cry:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: symsymma on 19 March 2011, 20:21
The panels on mine too. got the cd changer, the amplifier anand the warning triangle, no first aid kit, dont think it was put there? Even tho the panel has a first aid badge on
mines got the triangle logo on no changer etc but my mrs ones got the changer and amp with first aid logo on it. :grin: :grin:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: symsymma on 19 March 2011, 20:23
So, where can I get 1 from then??  :cry:
try a breakers yard prob only pay a tenner mate :smiley:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 20:39
So, where can I get 1 from then??  :cry:
try a breakers yard prob only pay a tenner mate :smiley:

Yeah, tried 18 local breakers yards in Devon & Cornwall, no luck at all. Can't seem to find one on Ebay either, but thats probably because I don't know what its called!! lol
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: symsymma on 19 March 2011, 20:54
So, where can I get 1 from then??  :cry:
try a breakers yard prob only pay a tenner mate :smiley:

Yeah, tried 18 local breakers yards in Devon & Cornwall, no luck at all. Can't seem to find one on Ebay either, but thats probably because I don't know what its called!! lol
yea i dunno wot ud call it, ive neva seen one on ebay.wot did u say and call it wen u rang the breakers.if uve got a breakers near u ask if theyve got a complete car there go down there and sho em. :smiley:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: symsymma on 19 March 2011, 21:09
Y not look in the classifieds section at cars for breaking and c if somone can sort u out :wink:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: FOREST GREEN on 19 March 2011, 21:14
Have put an add in the 'wanted' section

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=186898.0

Don't laugh, thought it was the best way of describing what I'm after  :laugh:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: symsymma on 19 March 2011, 21:18
Could have put golf mk4 cd changer and or first aid kit hinged boot cover :grin: :laugh:
Title: Re: Do I have something missing??
Post by: symsymma on 19 March 2011, 21:20
Uve got a big gap to fill lol :laugh: :grin: :grin: