GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: jimmyhodge on 19 August 2010, 09:57
-
Hi there guys,getting to the final bits of restro on my MK2 1.3 Golf but hit a bit of a problem. The car upon purchase was bout in abit of a state with some minor fire damage under the bonnet. This as you can gather has done done damage to all the rubber boots etc etc.
Managed to track down new steering rack boots easily however have hit a wall with trying to locate the boot which goes around the steering as it comes through the bulkhead... Not sure if you guys know which one i mean but if anyone could help with pointing me in the direction of one or know of a good VW specialist for mk2 that would be great as everyone I seem to speak to jut fob me off and claim they don't know what i'm on about ( can't be bothered to look the parts up... :angry:)
Cheers guys
Jimmy
-
Believe its called the steering gaitor if that helps... :undecided:
-
Best do both if one has gone already!
You will need two cable ties they might come with the new boots but check just in case!
They are cheap like £9-£12 for two.
-
I presume you mean the one that goes over the steering UJ? Dealer only it seems, about £36.
-
I've tried the local VW specialists and because my car is older than 2000 they seem to not be interested... Anyone recommend a dealership that'll do mail order?
-
jezza16v yer thats the one,the one that goes through the bulk head and covers the UJ
-
Ohhh the rubber donut called the steering rack mount Try these lads
scroll down till you see the "Steering rack mount" £2.33! :wink:
http://www.vwheritage.com/bbt/New-Products/Page-1/?srchPart=191%2D419%2D883 (http://www.vwheritage.com/bbt/New-Products/Page-1/?srchPart=191%2D419%2D883)
-
Ohhh the rubber donut called the steering rack mount Try these lads
scroll down till you see the "Steering rack mount" £2.33! :wink:
http://www.vwheritage.com/bbt/New-Products/Page-1/?srchPart=191%2D419%2D883 (http://www.vwheritage.com/bbt/New-Products/Page-1/?srchPart=191%2D419%2D883)
I looked and didn't see anything for a mk2. Needing one of these for the mk2 as well.
-
Are we on about the same part as you are calling it a steering rack mount... (Rubber donut)
Only reason i ask is everyone I talk to VW related have called it a gaitor ...
Also seems very cheap for what it is. :huh:
http://img825.imageshack.us/i/mk2golfsteeringgaitor.png/
This is the part I require. :grin:
-
f**k me wish you did that in the first place......... Have no f**king idea fella, print the bloody picture and shove it up the lazy VAG dude butt, then see if he has a part number :rolleyes:
Other wise PM rubjohnny he has VAG parts list online some where just post it in the Parts number request section!
-
Ha sorry guys,only thought of a picture at the last minute... :huh:
-
Feel free to heckle and throw insults accordingly... :rolleyes:
Will see what I can do but there isn't a specialist VW car dealership around my area just a van centre...
-
Jimmy just to add insult to injury find any VAG slag center and email the picture, chassis number then get the f**k*rs to send one out to you! Go back to that link I provided you and ask them the same thing. Or try GPC just google it with golf parts
I thought there was no picture becuase the boot was on the rack which in hind sight would explain why you couldn't provide a decent picture, due to dark and cramped steering rack! :huh:
Jeez I've killed people for less grief :grin:
-
(http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/neobadness/mk2golfsteeringgaitor.png)
So anyone know the part number? Correct name so you don'#t get blank looks at the motofactor?
-
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=33909.0 "PARTS REQUEST SECTION"
The part is called JOINT SHAFT BELLOWS
-
Clipperjay much aprietiated on the help ,to be honest I couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery... :smug:
-
Clipperjay much aprietiated on the help ,to be honest I couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery... :smug:
I posted on your behalf, will post up any useful replies
-
Looks like the 'elephants trunk' but officially could be 'joint shaft bellows' as already given or 'boot for drive shaft' as described on ETKA. For a 1991 PB Mk2 the VW part number is 192 419 523F for right hand drive. Listred around 29GBP. Bit of a pig to get at with engine in place.
-
part number 192 419 523e is the non pas one :nerd:
EDIT aparantly the non PAS ones are obsolete but you can still order PAS ones through VW dealer
-
part number 192 419 523e is the non pas one :nerd:
EDIT aparantly the non PAS ones are obsolete but you can still order PAS ones through VW dealer
Neo Badness,are you purchasing one of the PAS ones? The reason I ask is my wee Golf is a NON PAS one and wondered if they are the same Bellows...
-
nope not the same. if you can find a seat toledo with manual steering that'll fit
-
Yeah, I'm after one for a PAS model.
-
Boot from a Toledo with PAS will fit your car :)
-
Boot from a Toledo with PAS will fit your car :)
:cool:
-
nope not the same. if you can find a seat toledo with manual steering that'll fit
is it available from the dealers?
-
no its same part as a MK2 so discontinued
-
Deffo discontinued, tried Keith Garages in Aylesbury on Friday, said they could get one a few weeks back but when I went in to see them it turned out to be for PAS only. :rolleyes: