Author Topic: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot  (Read 7755 times)

Offline jimmyhodge

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 110
Re: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot
« Reply #10 on: 21 August 2010, 09:40 »
Ha sorry guys,only thought of a picture at the last minute...   :huh:
ohhhhh shinnnnyyyy! Story of my life...



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline jimmyhodge

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 110
Re: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot
« Reply #11 on: 21 August 2010, 09:42 »
Feel free to heckle and throw insults accordingly...  :rolleyes:
Will see what I can do but there isn't a specialist VW car dealership around my area just a van centre...
ohhhhh shinnnnyyyy! Story of my life...



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot
« Reply #12 on: 21 August 2010, 11:46 »
Jimmy just to add insult to injury find any VAG slag center and email the picture, chassis number then get the f**k*rs to send one out to you! Go back to that link I provided you and ask them the same thing. Or try GPC just google it with golf parts

I thought there was no picture becuase the boot was on the rack which in hind sight would explain why you couldn't provide a decent picture, due to dark and cramped steering rack! :huh:
Jeez I've killed people for less grief  :grin:

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot
« Reply #13 on: 21 August 2010, 12:41 »


So anyone know the part number? Correct name so you don'#t get blank looks at the motofactor?

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot
« Reply #14 on: 21 August 2010, 12:47 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=33909.0 "PARTS REQUEST SECTION"

The part is called JOINT SHAFT BELLOWS

Offline jimmyhodge

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 110
Re: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot
« Reply #15 on: 21 August 2010, 15:38 »
Clipperjay much aprietiated on the help ,to be honest I couldn't organise  a p**s up in a brewery...  :smug:
ohhhhh shinnnnyyyy! Story of my life...



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot
« Reply #16 on: 21 August 2010, 17:45 »
Clipperjay much aprietiated on the help ,to be honest I couldn't organise  a p**s up in a brewery...  :smug:


I posted on your behalf, will post up any useful replies

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline dadrathers

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 385
Re: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot
« Reply #17 on: 21 August 2010, 22:03 »
Looks like the 'elephants trunk' but officially could be 'joint shaft bellows' as already given or 'boot for drive shaft' as described on ETKA. For a 1991 PB Mk2 the VW part number is 192 419 523F for right hand drive. Listred around 29GBP. Bit of a pig to get at with engine in place.

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot
« Reply #18 on: 21 August 2010, 23:08 »
part number 192 419 523e is the non pas one :nerd:

EDIT aparantly the non PAS ones are obsolete but you can still order PAS ones through VW dealer
« Last Edit: 21 August 2010, 23:13 by Neo Badness »

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline jimmyhodge

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 110
Re: Mk2 golf steering rubber boot
« Reply #19 on: 23 August 2010, 10:09 »
part number 192 419 523e is the non pas one :nerd:

EDIT aparantly the non PAS ones are obsolete but you can still order PAS ones through VW dealer

Neo Badness,are you purchasing one of the PAS ones? The reason I ask is my wee Golf is a NON PAS one and wondered if they are the same Bellows...
ohhhhh shinnnnyyyy! Story of my life...



Uploaded with ImageShack.us