Author Topic: advice for iphone, tomtom, bluetooth install in mk5  (Read 1801 times)

Offline afmuir

• Not said much yet
advice for iphone, tomtom, bluetooth install in mk5
« on: 26 February 2011, 22:07 »
Hi
New member here, just picked up mk5 gti edition 30 last week. I have an iphone 3, and tomtom GO Live 550 and in my last car I had the tomtom on the window plunger and plugged into the cig lighter with a trailing cable, and no handsfree for the phone. So I am starting to think about how best to do the following and make a better job:
1) install bluetooth phone so I can get handsfree
2) wire in the tomtom, the mount which is part of the window plunger will remain as is, but I want to get rid of trailing cable for power
3) and while I'm at it look at a way of powering the iphone and playing music through the RCD300 head unit

Any tips on the best route to do the above at reasonable cost, maybe point me to some products which would do the job?
Thanks a lot.

Offline Cable

• I live here
Re: advice for iphone, tomtom, bluetooth install in mk5
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2011, 01:05 »
Parrot kit

Offline afmuir

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2011, 19:20 »
I should have said I have got as far as thinking Parrot ck3100 for the handsfree and CTAVGIPOD009 as the cable to link my iphone, and just cut the cig lighter plug off the tomtom lead and find power to cable in the tomtom mount. Is that the best idea out there or anything else?
Thanks.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2011, 06:32 »
I did a write up years ago on fitting a phone in a mk5, I'll go look for it.

Here you go:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=40928.0

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=40936.0

Better to get the switching pos from the fusebox, I'll update this one day  :wink: