Author Topic: hi guys and girls  (Read 930 times)

Offline gtinut

• Just got here
hi guys and girls
« on: 20 February 2008, 21:21 »
hi, im 18 and i was wondering, this is going to sound f****** stupid, but i was wondering when i have passed my test i was thinking of getting a mrk1 gti. i need some advice on......?

1.insurance (how much do you think it will be on third party fire and theft?)
2.reliable, ive heard the electrics are a bit unreliable, as it is an old car? engine wise etc etc?

any news on the mrk 1 gti's would be really helpfull?

Dinky

Re: hi guys and girls
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2008, 21:31 »
have a looksee here...
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=27078.0
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=18122.0
basically what to look for in all cars really..

I think your best bet would be to shop around for quotations..
You might be better off starting out on a cl/driver etc and build up your ncb..all depends what your budget is for to buy the car and insure it..

Dinx :kiss:

Offline gtinut

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2008, 21:53 »
thanks for the advice. ive seen a gd mrk1 gti 1800, in white seriously looks good, not sure on the price though.. il try and get a picture to show you guys and girls. but ive fallin in love with her, shes stunning..

Dinky

« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2008, 21:55 »
thing is darl..is you have to think that this is an older car, so it wont be perfect..depending what the previous owner has had done to it, you may end up putting some money into it..just something else to think about when budgetting for everything..  :smiley:
Its not the buying of the car..but the maintaining..and all that jazz..  :smiley:

Dinx :kiss:
« Last Edit: 20 February 2008, 21:57 by Dinx »

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2008, 21:58 »
mate if ya inlove wiv it and it checks out ok go for it  :wink:

and if its been looked after you will never regret it

loads of history is a must unless your very good mechanically

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline gtinut

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2008, 22:05 »
money wise. well put it this way, i love my cars and well this mrk 1 well seriously nice, il find out soon history etc. and i dont mind spending over 800 quid to get her in gd condition. its all in the hobby and the love of cars i guess.

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2008, 22:28 »
mate if ya get it you can be safe in the knowledge that you will be one of the few 18yos outside the military that have genuine cool and style respected by older generations, hope it works out  :wink:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline gtinut

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2008, 22:51 »
yeh thats the reason and of course i want to thrase these 1.2 corsas, from around my area, show them whoes boss hey..  :wink:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2008, 08:11 »
1.insurance (how much do you think it will be on third party fire and theft?)
2.reliable, ive heard the electrics are a bit unreliable, as it is an old car? engine wise etc etc?

Answers:

1. Bucket loads and that's even if they'll touch you.
2. They have their problems and the electrics can be a issue but as stated they are not new and even the newer ones (tintops not cabbys) are approaching 25 years old so it's not a surprise really. The best thing is that you can still source most parts and there's no ECU etc so you don't have to worry about that as it will be a mechanical fuel injection.

If you want one and you can afford to tax, insure and maintain one then go for it but it will test your patience at times and it will p1ss you off, but on the other hand when they are running sweet you'll love it.

For insurance look in the insurance section and ask martinb to give you a quote on one and see what he says, he's a top guy and he will not mess you about I promise.
......now officially dubless.