Author Topic: Advanced Tele Prep means no MDI Port  (Read 42508 times)

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: Advanced Tele Prep means no MDI Port
« Reply #50 on: 02 November 2013, 20:30 »
Cheers its, mines getting built this week so fingers crossed mine will have an MDI too. Keep us posted with the retrofit as I know there's a few on here with this problem. And knowing VW mine may still arrive with no MDI.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #51 on: 02 November 2013, 21:18 »
My dealer has lodged the issue with VW cust services and 'they are aware of the issue' - waiting to hear back in the next few weeks what the resolution will be before taking it up on their twitter/FB page
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #52 on: 03 November 2013, 19:45 »
Thanks for the update, this is good news for me  :cool: hope that the retro-fit units get fitted to existing cars.
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #53 on: 04 November 2013, 09:55 »
Just called VW customer services, they have confirmed that my car is coming with the iPhone interface  :laugh: :cool: :whistle: :drool: :smug:
Woooohoooo well chuffed....
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro

Offline Happy Hippo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #54 on: 13 November 2013, 12:53 »
Has anyone had any updates on the situation, taken a delivery of a car with advanced tele prep and an MDI port or been offered an alternative solution?
I am off to collect my car tomorrow and the dealer knows nothing about the problem or any way of resolving it.
Very disappointing.
Golf GTD, ordered May 2013, BW41: 5dr Manual, Oryx White, Discovery Pro, Leather, Dynaudio..

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #55 on: 13 November 2013, 13:47 »
Mine is BW 44 but was built late in BW 45. Arrives at the dealer this weekend hopefully so can have a look then to see if it's updated spec or not.

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #56 on: 13 November 2013, 17:48 »
Mine is BW 44 but was built late in BW 45. Arrives at the dealer this weekend hopefully so can have a look then to see if it's updated spec or not.
Could you also check if you can access the music when connected to the USB in the Advanced Telephone Kit?  :smiley:
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro

Offline adey V

• Not said much yet
« Reply #57 on: 13 November 2013, 19:36 »
I spoke to VW UK last week and they said all cars being built from last week will have the MDI cable, my car was delivered on Sat with no cable so mentioned to dealer, he had no idea so checked his VW UK site, no official notice to dealers about the issue yet but VW UK did assure me they were going to do something, will just have to keep on their case!
GTi PP 3 door DSG, carbon grey, Pan sunroof, ACC, winter pack, keyless, Pro nav. climate windscreen, advance phone prep.

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #58 on: 14 November 2013, 22:10 »

Hey guys... sorry for the delay...

Ok, still dealing with UK Execs office. They have a same spec GTI, and have ordered a new wiring loom and the MDI kit, which arrived tuesday this week. They are planning to take the car to bits to see if they can retro fit the port. Should know the results soon.

I was told that if they could, I'd be offered a retro fit AND good will gesture. However if they couldn't they would offer to order me a new car!! Which I must say I was flabberghasted with! I was expecting just a goodwill gesture. But they said their GTI was the jewel in their crown and wants every customer to be happy, and if I wasnt without the MDI they'd replace my car.

So not sure what I want the out come to be! lol... another new car in 3-6 months (depending on current build time) would be nice, but I do love my car so just to get a working MDI port would be awesome!

Will keep you posted....

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #59 on: 14 November 2013, 23:07 »

Hey guys... sorry for the delay...

Ok, still dealing with UK Execs office. They have a same spec GTI, and have ordered a new wiring loom and the MDI kit, which arrived tuesday this week. They are planning to take the car to bits to see if they can retro fit the port. Should know the results soon.

I was told that if they could, I'd be offered a retro fit AND good will gesture. However if they couldn't they would offer to order me a new car!! Which I must say I was flabberghasted with! I was expecting just a goodwill gesture. But they said their GTI was the jewel in their crown and wants every customer to be happy, and if I wasnt without the MDI they'd replace my car.

So not sure what I want the out come to be! lol... another new car in 3-6 months (depending on current build time) would be nice, but I do love my car so just to get a working MDI port would be awesome!

Will keep you posted....

Wow if they were to give you a new build in 6 months time thats like a few thousand in compensation!

I doubt however they would offer this en-mass - even if it only affects less than 50 customers (figure pulled from the air) that would cost a LOT!

I wouldnt want my local VW dealer taking my car to pieces to install a new wiring loom - god know what squeaks, rattles and other issues this may cause! If I were you and they suggest this I would push for the new car (and keep your own until handover).

I may have to complain to the VW Exec office in order to 'register' the issue with them and not just leave it in my dealers hands. Got a number for them?
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist