Author Topic: Broken Leg  (Read 4728 times)

Offline andyg16v

• GTI forum regular
Broken Leg
« on: 12 December 2008, 15:33 »
Can anyone advise, is it possible to get insured to drive when you have a broken leg (i.e. still in a cast)?

It is my left leg, so an automatic car would be OK.

After four months I am p***ed off having to get a lift everywhere, if I can get insured then I can get some of my life back  :laugh:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: Broken Leg
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2008, 15:35 »
best to ask your doctor if your ok to drive.....mine said no and its him your insurance co would ask
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline andyg16v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2008, 15:59 »
Thanks for reply, will do.  :smiley:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2008, 12:04 »
I wouldn't even consider it myself, imagine worst case scenario.

Already got broken leg, head on collision with some stupid twit that was speeding, your already broken leg becomes royally f**ked. :(

How long until it heals?

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2008, 14:08 »
I broke my tib, fib and 2 bones in my ankle and the surgeon said "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo chance  :rolleyes: :grin:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline Ben Lessani

• I live here
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2008, 19:42 »
Spiral fracture in my shin, torn ACL and PCL and in a full leg splint - was driving an auto within 4 weeks, I couldn't resist!

Offline andyg16v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 23 December 2008, 18:57 »
Thanks for the replies. I have a spiral fracture of the Tibia and have broken the top off the Fibula. Two piece cast with friction braces at the knee.

Only four weeks til I see the doc again. Was really fed up for the last few weeks tho. I guess I will have to be a patient patient  :smiley:

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #7 on: 27 December 2008, 01:14 »
Thanks for the replies. I have a spiral fracture of the Tibia and have broken the top off the Fibula. Two piece cast with friction braces at the knee.

Only four weeks til I see the doc again. Was really fed up for the last few weeks tho. I guess I will have to be a patient patient  :smiley:

AIIIIYEEEEEEEYAAAHHHHH! Sounds nasty, broke my schapoid boarding and couldn't drive my newly finished mk2 for 8weeks so totally feel your pain.

Feels weird when you get cast off, stinks but feels great that first bath/shower without bin bags  :laugh:

Get well soon mate,  in reply to original post, you wouldn't be insured and doubt any company would touch you, but then you've already figured this out.

Just lay it on thick and enjoy the sympathy while it lasts  :grin:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #8 on: 27 December 2008, 18:45 »
It sounds selfish but I'd love to have a broken leg and have it in a cast. I'd be able to have the time off work and not have to drive or walk anywhere, which means I could sit on my arse and truly enjoy my 360 and PS3 which I have not alot of time for atm lol!

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #9 on: 27 December 2008, 18:52 »
It sounds selfish but I'd love to have a broken leg and have it in a cast. I'd be able to have the time off work and not have to drive or walk anywhere, which means I could sit on my arse and truly enjoy my 360 and PS3 which I have not alot of time for atm lol!

Be careful what u wish for lol

Dan