Author Topic: GT?  (Read 2231 times)

Offline linds

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 2
GT?
« on: 10 October 2008, 10:41 »
Hey

I was thinking of getting a '98 Golf GT. Not sure what this car is like. And can't find much info on it is it a GTi version miss-listed. Engine is a AGG and 2000cc.

Thanks

PS tried to use search but got too many other results, thanks
« Last Edit: 10 October 2008, 10:43 by linds »

Offline GOLF_MK

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 603
Re: GT?
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2008, 11:04 »
I'd guess it should read GTi, my 1996 2.0 8v GTi has the AGG engine....

Offline boneybradley

  • Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,482
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: GT?
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2008, 11:54 »
must be a gti as the european gt had a 1.8 engine and was never sold in the uk (we got the driver instead!!)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)



Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline topher

  • Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,557
  • fully functioning
Re: GT?
« Reply #3 on: 10 October 2008, 12:13 »
The 2.0 GT was never released here. I notice you're in NZ though, so try this forum http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php :wink:

Offline spunkymonkey

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 706
  • Tepidly moist! That's what that is!
Re: GT?
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2008, 14:55 »
My next door neigbour has a mk3 gttdi, never seen one of those before. Allways wondered if it was real or just badging.
 

Offline davero

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 710
Re: GT?
« Reply #5 on: 10 October 2008, 16:26 »
Have seen gttdi's in italy, i beleive they are 110ps

Offline remapped

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 588
  • If you are going through Hell, keep going
Re: GT?
« Reply #6 on: 10 October 2008, 16:29 »
Have seen gttdi's in italy, i beleive they are 110ps

yep !!! good diesels as well do wish we got them here very very good take off ant mid range acceleration and when tunned dam !!! 
OEM(ish) G3GTi 8v5dr

Offline Rmachines

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,901
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
Re: GT?
« Reply #7 on: 10 October 2008, 19:55 »
the new GT is a 1.4 turbo or something isnt it?   or am i going mad?   anyway the MK3 GT TDI is a gti with a derv engine but wasnt made in this country because as said before its the 110 engine.
10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!


Offline azzrobz

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 348
  • Mk3 GTi 16v Anni
Re: GT?
« Reply #8 on: 10 October 2008, 23:41 »
I thought the mk5 gt has a 1.4 with a turbo an supercharger, new generation of economical engines??? plus i think it produces 170bhp??  can anyone confirm this??  :huh:

Offline davero

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 710
Re: GT?
« Reply #9 on: 11 October 2008, 10:31 »
That is right azzrob the mk5 does have a 1.4 turbo and supercharged engine producing 170ps