Author Topic: Tyre choice..  (Read 2372 times)

Offline admc6

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 541
Tyre choice..
« on: 07 October 2008, 12:39 »
Now i know this topic will have been round before, but hey ho.

I need to get myself 2 new front tyres and was wanting some advice on what to get. I currently have some toyo proxies on, which are great in the dry but not brilliant in the wet.

What have you all got? and opinions please

Offline boneybradley

  • Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,482
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: Tyre choice..
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2008, 13:13 »
I am running fulda sempario's on the front and allthough they didnt get the best reviews on blackcircles.com they are much better in wet and feel better when dry than the federal I had before (which got a better rating too!!)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)



Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

VeeDubClub

  • Guest
Re: Tyre choice..
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2008, 14:13 »
I have uniroyal rainsport all round... They do the job just fine in the dry and also in the wet! They were on the car when i bought it so not sure on the price but i dont think they are too bad!

kells

  • Guest
Re: Tyre choice..
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2008, 14:20 »
i only have 2 words to say and thats all im gonna say....YOKOHAMA PARADA

VeeDubClub

  • Guest
Re: Tyre choice..
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2008, 14:25 »
i only have 2 words to say and thats all im gonna say....YOKOHAMA PARADA

I had some on my driver.. Found they were ok but expensive and didnt last that long because there quite soft compound

Offline kernow-8v

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 35
Re: Tyre choice..
« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2008, 17:23 »
i only have 2 words to say and thats all im gonna say....YOKOHAMA PARADA

theres a man whos good with words lol awesome tyre

Offline MrTurner

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 510
  • Facelift leon cupra
Re: Tyre choice..
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2008, 20:25 »
I was going to drop to 195 profile to get Eagle F1's.  Lot cheaper than 205's too.

Offline LazyLunatic

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,153
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: Tyre choice..
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2008, 21:15 »
eagle f1's are good, but the uniroyal rainsports are damn good.

LL ;)

Offline admc6

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 541
Re: Tyre choice..
« Reply #8 on: 07 October 2008, 22:56 »
I'm sure i have the uniroyals on the back, but will have to check in morning, they seem good. Not heard of the fulda sempario's but will have a look into it.

Cheers for your opinions

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Tyre choice..
« Reply #9 on: 08 October 2008, 08:26 »
Just put 4  new eagle f1's on my car for winter, always use them, very good in the wet.