Author Topic: Angel Eye headlights - Where does the wiring go?  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Angel Eye headlights - Where does the wiring go?
« on: 07 October 2008, 09:30 »
Anyone know? LOL! There's like 2 - 4 loose wires that need to be wired into the sidelights, but two things:

1. Where do I locate the sidelight wiring?

2. How do I connect the loose wires to the sidelight wiring?

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: Angel Eye headlights - Where does the wiring go?
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2008, 10:21 »
Ok I got them in, and they work off the normal plug for the standard lights, but the halo rings don't light up...I'm assuming that's something to do with the red, and black wire that are loose atm, any help?

Offline Stu G

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 227
Re: Angel Eye headlights - Where does the wiring go?
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2008, 10:32 »
cant help ya with the wiring but i know they dont work very well in the dark

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: Angel Eye headlights - Where does the wiring go?
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2008, 10:41 »
What doesn't work well in the dark? angel eyes?

If that's the case, I'd have to disagree, I just did a test in my garage and the way I had the car positioned the original lights were nowhere near as bright as the angel eyes.  :grin:

Offline Stu G

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 227
Re: Angel Eye headlights - Where does the wiring go?
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2008, 10:49 »
yours might be different then because my friend has them with a mk 4 and they aint that bright at night


Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: Angel Eye headlights - Where does the wiring go?
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2008, 23:21 »
I'm still delusional on how to get the halo rings to work lol! Help?

kells

  • Guest
Re: Angel Eye headlights - Where does the wiring go?
« Reply #7 on: 08 October 2008, 08:56 »
leave the rings turned off :sick:

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: Angel Eye headlights - Where does the wiring go?
« Reply #8 on: 08 October 2008, 12:13 »
But they look nice kells lol!

kells

  • Guest
Re: Angel Eye headlights - Where does the wiring go?
« Reply #9 on: 08 October 2008, 12:46 »
But they look nice kells lol!

look alot better with the rings off tho  :wink: