Author Topic: Latest on my 1.8T  (Read 4094 times)

Offline billy_vw

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,941
Latest on my 1.8T
« on: 30 July 2008, 18:01 »
As post have gone, At the start of June I purchased a bog standard 1.8T.

Since I have fitted forge 007 dump valve, PiperX induction kit and Nick at R-Tech has re-mapped the car.

What an improvement, well for 24hours anyway as the clutch did not like the extra BHP and now slips.

I have purchased a sports clutch and it is being fitted next Monday, then i can start looking at an exhaust  :wink:
MK5 GT TDi

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Latest on my 1.8T
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2008, 18:34 »
As post have gone, At the start of June I purchased a bog standard 1.8T.

Since I have fitted forge 007 dump valve, PiperX induction kit and Nick at R-Tech has re-mapped the car.

What an improvement, well for 24hours anyway as the clutch did not like the extra BHP and now slips.

I have purchased a sports clutch and it is being fitted next Monday, then i can start looking at an exhaust  :wink:

What make clutch have you gone for and how much if you dont mind me asking?.

Im in the process of doing my clutch (Also slipping  :cry:) and fly wheeel - the G60 corrado and VR6 set up  :wink:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline iMation

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
  • G SiXtY
Re: Latest on my 1.8T
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2008, 18:49 »
thats the route im gonna have to go
Meh....

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Latest on my 1.8T
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2008, 18:51 »
thats the route im gonna have to go

 :cool: I shall let you know how it go's. I will put the part numbers and prices on a sticky  :wink:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline iMation

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
  • G SiXtY
Re: Latest on my 1.8T
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2008, 18:56 »
thats the route im gonna have to go

 :cool: I shall let you know how it go's. I will put the part numbers and prices on a sticky  :wink:

Nice one fella. what estimates have you had so far ??
Meh....

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Latest on my 1.8T
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2008, 18:59 »
thats the route im gonna have to go

 :cool: I shall let you know how it go's. I will put the part numbers and prices on a sticky  :wink:

Nice one fella. what estimates have you had so far ??

Got the flywheel - £130 from dealers, Shorter bolts also from the dealers £15 for the 12.

Been quoted £119 for a sachs vr6 clutch - 3 part kit.

Garage says £140 to fit :afro:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline iMation

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
  • G SiXtY
Re: Latest on my 1.8T
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2008, 19:08 »
not to bad tbh, i was expecting near 600 quid mark
Meh....

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Latest on my 1.8T
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2008, 19:09 »
not to bad tbh, i was expecting near 600 quid mark

Yeah i was very suprised aswell  :laugh:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline billy_vw

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,941
Re: Latest on my 1.8T
« Reply #8 on: 30 July 2008, 19:35 »
The clutch i bought - follow link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260265288286&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016

won auction for £131.50 delivered and seller is also selling at buy it now for £207.50 (so happy with my price  :smiley:)

The garage my brother works at is fitting on Monday for £120 cash

So £251 all in is a good price so ive been told  :wink:
MK5 GT TDi

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Latest on my 1.8T
« Reply #9 on: 30 July 2008, 19:40 »
The clutch i bought - follow link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260265288286&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016

won auction for £131.50 delivered and seller is also selling at buy it now for £207.50 (so happy with my price  :smiley:)

The garage my brother works at is fitting on Monday for £120 cash

So £251 all in is a good price so ive been told  :wink:

Are you doing the flywheel?

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.