Author Topic: I need a new trip computer  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #20 on: 28 March 2008, 08:37 »
Guys, question.

If I get a new speedo thingy in my car, will it still show the correct mileage??

you get your new clocks recoded to the car to show the correct mileage :afro:

Offline iMation

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
  • G SiXtY
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #21 on: 28 March 2008, 08:57 »
having sat nav through the clocks  screen is ace
Meh....

Offline Ashmond

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,515
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #22 on: 28 March 2008, 09:17 »
I got a set of 1.8t clocks with trip comp if you want to buy them off me, how does £60 delivered sound?
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)


Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #23 on: 28 March 2008, 09:56 »
how come? have you replaced yours or something? i'm trying to get a bora clock at the moment. if i have no luck i may be interested!

Offline GTi-Matt

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,635
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #24 on: 28 March 2008, 12:21 »
i want those bora clocks now there lush, i take it u dont lose the red and blue colour?
I must warn you I'm about as decisive as a 5 yr old in a sweet shop!!  :grin:

Offline Ashmond

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,515
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #25 on: 28 March 2008, 12:38 »
how come? have you replaced yours or something? i'm trying to get a bora clock at the moment. if i have no luck i may be interested!

I got anni clocks in now, hence why 1st set of 160mph clocks are no use to me.

They are still red and blue, check my project thread ;)
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)


Offline GTi-Matt

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,635
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #26 on: 28 March 2008, 12:44 »


bit blurry but u do stil get the colour, i want them
I must warn you I'm about as decisive as a 5 yr old in a sweet shop!!  :grin:

Offline Ashmond

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,515
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #27 on: 28 March 2008, 12:46 »


You can see them, the dials light up same way as the standard clocks

(my headliner still looks awesome)  :grin:
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)


Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #28 on: 28 March 2008, 19:06 »
I want a pretty speedo clock thing :)

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #29 on: 30 March 2008, 00:42 »
Guys, I've got a bid on these:  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230235489662&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=013

I've heard from someone on mkivs that if I put it into my AGU car I'll no longer have the current MPG or average MPG options?  Does that sound like a load of crap?  If my car is capable of those details, and the new clock is, why would I lose the option?

They also said because I have an AGU car I won't be able to get the light up needles, or miles to empty or anything.

It's starting to sound like a pointless upgrade  :embarassed: