Author Topic: Golf gti 1990 16v Injectors  (Read 814 times)

Offline scarlett 16v

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Golf gti 1990 16v Injectors
« on: 11 December 2007, 08:31 »
Hi I am new to this great site  :smiley:  :laugh: so just want to say hello to everbody and hope somebody could help me out?
I need to replace an injector on my 1990 16v, Ive been told that I just pull on the injector and it should pop out? There does not seem to be alot of room so do I have to take off the inlet manifold to get better access?  :undecided:
Please help!!!

Offline Conker

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,999
Re: Golf gti 1990 16v Injectors
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2007, 14:56 »
They just pop out - no need to take anything off! Be careful with the rigid fuel lines that go into them though as they can split if man-handled too roughly.

Mine needed a lot of force to get them to come out the first time as they were caked in sh$t.