Author Topic: The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced?  (Read 1946 times)

Offline richardhammond

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 146
The Red line on my small bumpers are fading white!! can it be replaced? or can it be Stained or something?

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Mine have gone pink so I'm thinking of attacking them with some cutting paste to see if I can get the red back. If not then it's new bumpers time!

I also have the same problem with the red stripes down the side and I don't think these are available anywhere anymore.

Nick

Offline dabill

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 871
cant you just mask it all up then spray it all? sure you can find a decent red spray that will do the trick?


noble tuned - and still not fast enough!

Offline richardhammond

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 146
Mine have gone pink so I'm thinking of attacking them with some cutting paste to see if I can get the red back. If not then it's new bumpers time!

I also have the same problem with the red stripes down the side and I don't think these are available anywhere anymore.

Nick
that what mine are like by cutting paste do you mean T cut?

Offline Jay

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,415
  • balding fat cvnt
What about that red tape stuff halfrauds sell for the grille stripe?
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline richardhammond

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 146
what red tape?

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
try warming up with a hot air gun, works wonders on black and grey plastic.. you never know!
Tom

Offline dabill

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 871
that red pin-striping tape is pants tbh, i used it on my grille when i had duals, and it just didnt look good enough in my opinion.

just give it a couple of coats of red spray... should look the bee's knees.


noble tuned - and still not fast enough!

Offline richardhammond

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 146
Ok i just went to B&Q and got a bosch heat gun for £15 :grin: and had a quick google and found this
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18424
Look Amazing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I will have ago at it tomoz and see if it works on the red line as well