Author Topic: Standard Golf GTI Vs R32  (Read 16471 times)

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
Re: Standard Golf GTI Vs R32
« Reply #120 on: 23 April 2009, 19:55 »
I think the MK4 R32 is always gonna be a classic - even more so then the MK5 R32...

why?

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #121 on: 23 April 2009, 20:32 »
I think the main thing here is that no-one was hurt, regardless.

As long as everyone's statements all match up this should be closed up without anything further coming from it.

I feel for you too, If I was driving I'd be well cut up about it, just for the shock factor itself.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #122 on: 23 April 2009, 20:40 »

As long as everyone's statements all match up this should be closed up without anything further coming from it.

I feel for you too, If I was driving I'd be well cut up about it, just for the shock factor itself.

wires twisted???  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
« Reply #123 on: 23 April 2009, 20:46 »

wires twisted???  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

:laugh:

Offline matthewsimone

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #124 on: 23 April 2009, 20:51 »
whats vwkev on about lol oh and mk3 vr6 isnt a classic  :sick: tbh thinking about it i dont think any mk5 will ever be a real classic either only classics are the mk1 and possibly mk2 as all new cars now are the same ie luxurious etc where as the mk1 gti and indeed even the mk2 are raw and full of character where as new cars of today will probably never have that craziness and character just like the series 1 rs turbo and mk1 xr2 etc they have classic character and even a bit of racing blood in them  :smiley:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
« Reply #125 on: 23 April 2009, 20:56 »
^agree a TRUE classic will always be something like a triumph stag, gt6 or mgb, mgc. vr6 is merely a sought after car by a minority, same goes for a mk5, mk2 etc imo

Offline smartypants

• Here all the time
« Reply #126 on: 23 April 2009, 23:37 »
No one has made an original car for about 20 years, so I agree - MK1 and MK2 are only doing to be the "real" classics.

But the MK5 IMO is a damn fine car

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #127 on: 24 April 2009, 07:41 »
For me a classic is defined more as a car that you grew up seeing and wanted... When I first got into cars the MK2 gti was the one seen on the road so naturally for me that is the classic golf gti.

Was chatting with a mate last week and I was talking about getting a nice example mk2, to which his response was "no way, they are crap, the MK3 is the best". Now bearing in mind that hes a couple of years younger than me its the car that was on his bedroom wall when he was young.

So its probably more down to what appealed to you when you were slightly younger, as opposed to who tells you that something is a 'classic'.

Offline matthewsimone

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #128 on: 24 April 2009, 14:45 »
+1 r32uk damn good way to put it mate mk1/mk2 for myself a guy in work was selling a g60 in work in baby blue a little while ago was running some serious power but still looked standard and subtle very very nice think he got around 5k for it in end  :smiley:

Offline berto

• Not said much yet
  • http://
« Reply #129 on: 30 April 2009, 23:06 »
All very interesting p.o.v's but we all know black Mkv R32's feckin rule :evil: