Author Topic: Standard Golf GTI Vs R32  (Read 16481 times)

Jkctr

Re: Standard Golf GTI Vs R32
« Reply #50 on: 19 April 2009, 10:01 »
Yeah, they are more of an evolution of the mk4 R32 wheels. Also every GT i see has the newer shape R32 alloys  :tongue:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 19 April 2009, 14:09 »
Funny you should mention this as I was only just reading in an old car mag about these 2 against each other earlier today.

They basicly said that the R32 was thirstier, handled less well due to the extra weight up front and didn't feel "special" over the standard GTi even with the optional leather and sat nav. Their conclusion was buy a well spec'd Gti as it was the better car.

It was CAR magazine and they were testing them with the Astra VXR, Focus ST, Megane Cup or whatever its called, Mini Cooper S Works and BMW 130. The focus came 1st mostly due to price and the GTi 2nd. The R32 came about 5th.

Nick

is this online

or anyone got a copy to put online to view?

thanks

I have the pdf... not sure what to do with it thou  :huh:

Offline snakehips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #52 on: 19 April 2009, 15:58 »
Funny you should mention this as I was only just reading in an old car mag about these 2 against each other earlier today.

They basicly said that the R32 was thirstier, handled less well due to the extra weight up front and didn't feel "special" over the standard GTi even with the optional leather and sat nav. Their conclusion was buy a well spec'd Gti as it was the better car.

It was CAR magazine and they were testing them with the Astra VXR, Focus ST, Megane Cup or whatever its called, Mini Cooper S Works and BMW 130. The focus came 1st mostly due to price and the GTi 2nd. The R32 came about 5th.

Nick

is this online

or anyone got a copy to put online to view?

thanks

I have the pdf... not sure what to do with it thou  :huh:

No idea how to publish a PDF either but if you can work out how I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 19 April 2009, 16:21 »
If anyone knows how then pm me and i will give it a shot.

tbh like many have said on here the 2 car are totally different to drive... you just have to try them and see which you prefer.

Offline berto

• Not said much yet
  • http://
« Reply #54 on: 21 April 2009, 18:56 »
Yeah, they are more of an evolution of the mk4 R32 wheels. Also every GT i see has the newer shape R32 alloys  :tongue:

Yeah I have noticed that too did they  have a job lot to shift??My originals are boxed and ready to go back on if something else takes my fancy..thankfuly nothing has yet....RS4 begone ya bugger....

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #55 on: 21 April 2009, 19:17 »

Yeah I have noticed that too did they  have a job lot to shift??My originals are boxed and ready to go back on if something else takes my fancy..thankfuly nothing has yet....RS4 begone ya bugger....

The newer R32 wheels are nothing like the GT wheels!!!! Get it together lad!! :angry:

Offline berto

• Not said much yet
  • http://
« Reply #56 on: 21 April 2009, 19:55 »
Calm down dad its the first MKV R32 wheels we are talking about...

Offline smartypants

• Here all the time
« Reply #57 on: 21 April 2009, 20:04 »
R32 looks like a GT though at first glance ;)

Offline matthewsimone

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #58 on: 21 April 2009, 20:15 »
+1 :laugh:

Jkctr

« Reply #59 on: 21 April 2009, 20:18 »
Yeah, because the GT came in DBP.  :cool:

The GT looks much more like the GTI, no chrome grill, it has the plastic back end, no twin pipes, different wheels, different side skirts, it sits higher (i could go on)

R32

GTI

GT
« Last Edit: 21 April 2009, 20:21 by JulesV6 »