Author Topic: Insurance asking me questions about changing cars a lot  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
has anyone else had this trouble, they are asking me question now thats ive had 7 cars in 2 years, and asking why changing cars and is often and stuff i dont think it is many, but wasted loads of my time checking system, so guess im going to ber asked everytime now if i m a trader, well in subliminal forms and thinking theers something dodgy involved

this is admiral by the way, guess its just rountine in the industry anyone else get this?

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Insurance asking me questions about changing cars a lot
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2007, 10:54 »
Hello mate,

tbh i reckon most insurers would query this as they may suspect you are trading. I understand where you are coming from cos im sure in the past i have gone through similar amounts of cars in a short time (before i got into dubs), but think that even we may have queried this.

Remember Admiral are a very mainstream insurer so they may not be as used to people having a show car for the summer then buying a daily for the winter etc as i suspect that most of their customers only change their cars every few years.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2007, 20:06 »
they just say it is routine, but dont charge admin, i like admiral as they dont make you get prove to send in of what alarm immobilizer it has, churcill does so im not going to them i due to renue on the 6th, so looks like il be with admiral still there £85 pounds a month with legal hire car windowsreen etc cover. but they added £200 onto it as moved to different area and am now unemployed, why do thet add so much on for being unemployed do they think im a robbing scum bag or a dodgy chracter as im not employed :tongue:

Offline kniterider

• I live here
  • had most, sold most and often buy more!
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2007, 20:32 »
i used to be with admiral.... many many years ago now.... for about 8 years of my driving life... couldnt fault them, i changed cars more often than i do now.. and never got hassle (i took them on after i closed my traders policy years ago), the only reason i left is cause me and the wife were both insured with them and moved from our old house 3 years ago, 30 meters round the corner and they wanted to charge us £80 for the pleasure..... so we naffed em off.... went to another firm for a year to two till martinb (hic) sorted me on my daily runner and show car, then me van too.... all at good price.... down to one now so must remember to ring and cancel van policy  :laugh: ....

:cool:

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2007, 00:36 »
i want ur car :P, wish I could get one for around £2000 thats most I csn spare:(

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2007, 09:35 »
but they added £200 onto it as moved to different area and am now unemployed, why do thet add so much on for being unemployed do they think im a robbing scum bag or a dodgy chracter as im not employed :tongue:

It may be partially due to the area too but also unemployed does usually carry a hefty loading, it does with many of the companies we use too.

Basically they base the loadings on claims statistics etc and the fact is that these show that unemployed people DO have significantly more claims than the majority of other occupations

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 05 August 2007, 09:39 »
martinb (hic) sorted me on my daily runner and show car, then me van too.... all at good price.... down to one now so must remember to ring and cancel van policy  :laugh: ....

:cool:

Cheers buddy! Saw your Audi in the rides section, very nice!  :cool:

If you are cancelling the policy they will normally require that you send the certificate back with a brief explantion (sold van?) then signed & dated.

Offline lee186

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2007, 10:52 »
I've been questioned by my insurance lately as i'm insuring my golf weekly at the mo due to the fact that i'm selling it and don't want to fork out a deposit on a years insurance and lose it all!

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2007, 13:59 »
I've been questioned by my insurance lately as i'm insuring my golf weekly at the mo due to the fact that i'm selling it and don't want to fork out a deposit on a years insurance and lose it all!

Again i can understand why they may question this. We have recently stopped offering short term insurance completely as its a nightmare, we were paying out far more in claims than taking in premium with a significantly higher proportion of those claims being looked into as being fraudulent.

Obviously the type of people that want to make these claims want the minimum possible outlay so they dont want deposits etc either which is why we had to ask lots of extra questions about WHY people wanted the short term cover.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2007, 15:08 »
You get no sympathy from me, money stealing insurance scum !

:evil: :grin: :laugh: