Author Topic: Best diesel fuel  (Read 14083 times)

Offline stevec

• Not said much yet
  • Gotta love that turbo diesel TORQUE!
Re: Best diesel fuel
« Reply #20 on: 09 March 2009, 23:41 »
shell fuel for mine and nothing else got 1 just down the road. :smiley:

Offline jonnyoutram

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 16 April 2009, 02:50 »
CHIP FAT!  thats what i use  :laugh:  im not joking :grin:

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 16 April 2009, 10:42 »
i use asdas quite a bit just cos its cheap.i get bout 515 - 525 outta a full tank.mines a 110 gt tdi

hey guys, i have a 99 110bhp  tdi and i only get about 420 out of a full tank before the light goes on.  it seems as though im about 100 short off you guys?  why could this be???? in 4 years of owning the car i have never seen it do anything close to 500!!!!

how u drive it?

Also the PD engines (115,130,150) are more effecient than the non-PD ones. Maybe get yours scanned for faults?

smiiithy

« Reply #23 on: 17 December 2009, 02:05 »
Thought I would revitalize this thread given that fuel prices have risen since it was started and I'd be interested to see what you might advise I run in my unmodified TDi 130.

Shell V-Power diesel is about £1.14/L. I also have BP, Co-op (recently changed from Somerfield) and ASDA stations near me. Co-op and ASDA only sell normal diesel and not sure about BP as I've never been. I prefer the Shell and ASDA garages because they have self-service pumps but what are you guys finding the most economical and best value at the moment?

Cheers,

Mike
« Last Edit: 17 December 2009, 02:13 by smiiithy »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #24 on: 17 December 2009, 07:53 »
Stick with Shell mate

I've run mine on supermarket fuel and it smokes a lot more

I only use Total Excellieum as there's a garage near where i work.  i get more miles out of a tank and hardly any smoke on full throttle

smiiithy

« Reply #25 on: 17 December 2009, 11:26 »
What about the shell standard diesel as opposed to the V-Power? I put 15L of V-Power diesel in last night as I believe it has a form of detergent in that cleans the injectors. I think it works out about 6p a litre more expensive for V-Power, so it's only £3.30 a tank difference.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #26 on: 17 December 2009, 11:33 »
What about the shell standard diesel as opposed to the V-Power? I put 15L of V-Power diesel in last night as I believe it has a form of detergent in that cleans the injectors. I think it works out about 6p a litre more expensive for V-Power, so it's only £3.30 a tank difference.

upto you really.  I pay the extra for the Excellieum (equivalent to V-power0 and I think its worth it as performance and economy seem to be better but that could also be due to the remap

smiiithy

« Reply #27 on: 17 December 2009, 11:48 »
I think I'll have to run a few tanks of each and try and work out an average. I don't mind paying £3 a tank more for higher quality fuel and I wouldn't have thought the price difference would be so little but I’ve always been a bit sceptical of how good V-Power and equivalent premium fuels actually are for the money

Offline Phil.O

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 17 December 2009, 12:56 »
i remember reading something a while back about the fuels like v-power burning cleaner so slowly clean the engine that way rather than having an actual cleaning agent in
a work in progress......someday i might think i'm happy with a car....maybe

so far: 40mm Gmax lowering kit, upper and lower S3 strut braces, pipercross panel filter, Smoothed air box and 18" Audi R8 reps

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 17 December 2009, 16:24 »
I sometimes use V-power diesel and also use normal shell diesel and the miles to full tank aren;t that much different to be honest, but if it's cleaning the insides then fair play.

I only ever get like 400 to 430 miles to a full tank even whenI go on long motorway runs, which i'm sure ain right so i'm changin my MAF which is number one on the list of things that could cause bad mpg.
Wish me luck as I really hope the MAF sorts this out and I get like 55mpg+ like many others do on motorway trips doing 70.
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi