Author Topic: Colour/Paint code help  (Read 1984 times)

Offline -scott-

• Not said much yet
Colour/Paint code help
« on: 05 April 2007, 00:11 »
Hey,
 Looking for some help here guys. I'v got a 1995 golf driver and am wanting to get a few bits resprayed on it although i have a problem finding what specific colour the car is. Ill post a few pics below to let you see and see if you can give me any advice.

Iv been told its a kind of mystic blue but after going to one body shop they say thereis 2 tones of it.Its a deep bluey/purple colour and changes with different light slightly.Iv already tried indigo blue from vw but it was not correct.

Heres some pics to see what you can make of it anyways.Tried to give a variety of angles and lighting.
 Thanks in advance
    Scott

Mrk 3 Golf VR6 Colour Concept

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
Re: Colour/Paint code help
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2007, 00:36 »
colour code should be on a sticker in the boot, plus they should have colour chips to hold upto the paint, so as to find the colour, then the varient in the shade colours..... :wink:

Offline -scott-

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2007, 01:24 »
Yeah iv been told about the sticker in the boot and have seen it in other golfs i have looked at but it is not there in mine  :sad: i think it has already been resprayed in that area by a previous owner and been removed.

Offline Dragon Danny

• Not said much yet
  • Mk4 Golf Gti
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2007, 13:19 »
Hi mate,

If it has already been resprayed it could be tricky to get a spot on match, is there anyway of caontacting the person who had it sprayed to find out where they got it done?

Only other way is to go into a Motor Factors and ask them to get out a load of VW Colour Chits and match them on the car.

main problem you will find is your car is likely to be a Pearl Basecoat therefore changes on different angles (needs to be sprayed out to get full effect)

Good Luck!
Ozone
Live To Fly.

Offline golfmk3

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2007, 14:09 »
it also says the paint code in the service book on the first page

Offline -scott-

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2007, 23:37 »
hey
  thanks for some feedback guys.

Sadly there isnt any way of me contacting the former owners as i bought the car in a quick sale with the guy moving away.

On the positive side though i went and checked the service book and i think i may have came up with the paint code. It says in the book LC5L but just wondering if anyone else out there has this code and a similar colour to mine.

Even if anyone has a mystic blue car is there anychance they could check and see if this is the colour to corrospond to that code.

Thanks again
  Scott

EDIT: did an internet search and lc5l comes up as mystic blue pearl effect. I think as said above getting the right respray with the pearl could be a problem
« Last Edit: 05 April 2007, 23:47 by -scott- »

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2007, 00:02 »
It won't be a problem at all at a decent bodyshop, the pearl is added to the paint before it is put on, and an activator is mixed in, all they got to do is prep and spray the car.

Offline garfayliu

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2007, 11:50 »
hey
  thanks for some feedback guys.

Sadly there isnt any way of me contacting the former owners as i bought the car in a quick sale with the guy moving away.

On the positive side though i went and checked the service book and i think i may have came up with the paint code. It says in the book LC5L but just wondering if anyone else out there has this code and a similar colour to mine.

Even if anyone has a mystic blue car is there anychance they could check and see if this is the colour to corrospond to that code.

Thanks again
  Scott

EDIT: did an internet search and lc5l comes up as mystic blue pearl effect. I think as said above getting the right respray with the pearl could be a problem

Confirmed LC5L Mystic Blue Pealescent. Although you already know the answer. A good bodyshop shouldn't have any problems really.