Author Topic: ***PLEASE HELP*** knocking noise  (Read 809 times)

Offline golflad

• Not said much yet
***PLEASE HELP*** knocking noise
« on: 10 March 2007, 00:17 »
i've just done some work on my mates 2002 golf gt tdi 150. i've just lowered it on coilovers, replaced both wishbones, replaced offside outer cv gaiter, pads and discs all round but there seems to be a knocking noise. the noise only occurs when you pull away and brake so it's almost as though there is play somewhere which is being taken up pulling away and braking and the noise is definitely coming from the nearside front.  i've checked for play in ball joints, wishbone bushes, track rod ends, drop links, top mounts and anti rollbar bushes but nothing. ive also checked to see if the pads are moving in the callipers, no probs there either. the only thing i can see which might be conjusive to the noise is a bit of play at the gearbox end of the driveshaft and when i jerk the wheel backwards an forwards it sounds like the noise is coming from the middle of the wheel.

has anybody come across this problem or is there any common problems that anyone knows of which might help me solve this cos it's really bugging me now and i want to know if i'm right in thinking it may be excessive play in the diff. i sure hope it is cos it won't have anything to do with the work i've done then so he can't pin it on me and ask for his money back.

i really need some advice on this one