Author Topic: Digi-dash  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Godzilla

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,476
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
Digi-dash
« on: 23 May 2006, 00:54 »
Does anyone here have a digi-dash in there GTI? I didnt know VW made them till browsing through my handbook for my Golf earlier and found a few pages explaining what is what on the digi-dash.... looks impresive!

Offline Agreeable Slick

  • Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 7,066
  • Unit
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2006, 01:07 »
rarer than rocking horse sh!t, and cost in excess of £200 for a second hand one.

Offline steviem

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 696
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2006, 01:10 »
have a look on german ebay...

they only work in km/h too... :cry:

Offline Brads MK2 GTI

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 480
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2006, 08:27 »
Hiya mate, the correct name of it is the digifiz, as said it only runs in km/h, god knows what you're going to do if something on it doesn't work.

It's also a real job to wire it in, I think that there is a guide on vwvortex.com somewhere?

Offline steviem

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 696
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2006, 08:38 »
Yeah, I think theres loads of stuff about it on vwvortex.com - those yanks love 'em....even though they still have the km/h problem, eejits...

Offline super98

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 22
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2006, 08:55 »
Does anyone here have a digi-dash in there GTI? I didnt know VW made them till browsing through my handbook for my Golf earlier and found a few pages explaining what is what on the digi-dash.... looks impresive!

A few pictures of my digifiz:

top speed...almost  :evil: :evil: :evil:










oh and it's not just a p'n'p thing


Offline Neaty

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,395
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2006, 10:10 »
damn it i want one!!  :laugh:

Veedubgt18v

  • Guest
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2006, 12:39 »
good luck with that lol...........

Offline Godzilla

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,476
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2006, 13:03 »
That looks great, a lot better than Vauxhalls digi-dash's. Be good to mod one, change the colour of the illumination. I changed my GTE 16v Astra to red and blue instead of the yellow colour....fairly easy to do.

Offline Gambit

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,354
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2006, 13:44 »
i always wondered could the GTE one be used in the VW? its the same unit except its in MPH and doesnt have a VW logo!