Author Topic: Wings/Indicator Holes?  (Read 1039 times)

Offline 10:27

• Here all the time
Wings/Indicator Holes?
« on: 22 May 2006, 00:33 »
hi guys i need some to ask a question? iv just brought some new wings as the passenger one needed replacing as tin worm had set in real good :cry:! I brought a set of wings but they dont have indicator holes! will there be a problem getting my car MOT'd? the car a mk 1988 cab by the way if this helps? the one in the sig? cheers imn advance jeff

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: Wings/Indicator Holes?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2006, 00:48 »
I always thought that they can only check them if they are there or there are holes indicating that they should be there, so if there are no holes then they're not supposed to be there (they may think) so it should be ok as long as the front and back indicators work obviously.  :smiley: I guess you'll soon find out.

Have a look at this link --> http://www.ukmot.com/manual.asp  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 22 May 2006, 00:51 by gibby »
......now officially dubless.

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2006, 09:56 »
the official rules state all cars registered after Apr '86 (which is D reg and onwards) must have side repeaters unless you can clearly see the front and backs from 90 degrees to the car...

as with these areas of the MOT if you know a friendly station ;)
Mk4 Golf 150PD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2006, 19:18 »
cheers guys im gonna have to wait and see now! if the worse happens ill just put some indicator holes in the wings i guess? :embarassed:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2006, 19:43 »
my golf doesnt have any as it has had new wings, had no worrys but mine is an 82. Use'd to have a nova, as did my mates and we changed the wings on them as they were rusted. My nova was a 91 and i had no problems with mot's neither did me mate (his was a 89)! i suppose it depends on who does it as to how anal they would be! oh and god dam did nova's rust! dam spannish steel! lol  :rolleyes:  :grin:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2006, 21:37 »
cheers bud i dont want indicators on the wings so im gonna see what happens! love your mk1 by the way cheers jeff