Poll

Which rims do you prefer? (See Pictures below)

RH ZW1
Kerscher Crown
BBS RM - Deep Dish
Other - Please Specify Below.

Author Topic: Whats wheels for my Rallye?  (Read 8295 times)

Offline Martz

  • Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,269
Re: Whats wheels for my Rallye?
« Reply #20 on: 24 April 2006, 22:54 »
The old gal is not doing much at the moment, still working out if I can convert my headlight from left to righthand drive. Also need to order a fuel pump. Need these for the MOT.   :cry:

So been cruisin in my Beetle (wot a difference in speed! :laugh:)

What colour is yours, look same as mine. Blue ones are slower btw, ask Topher. lol

Offline knobby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Re: Whats wheels for my Rallye?
« Reply #21 on: 24 April 2006, 23:03 »
Well mines Green... Not blue.. and it felt pretty fast when i went for a ride in it...  :grin:

Whens the next Muppet meet then?

Old VW's never die...they just go faster!

Offline Martz

  • Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,269
Re: Whats wheels for my Rallye?
« Reply #22 on: 24 April 2006, 23:05 »
I think were due one. We could arrange something soon for sure.

Offline chillie

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: Whats wheels for my Rallye?
« Reply #23 on: 24 April 2006, 23:10 »
what size are you thinking of?

Offline knobby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Re: Whats wheels for my Rallye?
« Reply #24 on: 24 April 2006, 23:12 »
Yeah defo.. Do it.. in a month or so... you going to Stoner Park?

Need to get a few bits sorted on the Rallye before letting anyone seeing it..  :smug:

Size wise all depends what rims i go for....

RH zw1's will be a 17" - 8" on the front, 9" at the rear.

Porsche 90's will be 16's - 7" on the front, 8" at the rear (funny offset and adapters)

Old VW's never die...they just go faster!

Offline Martz

  • Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,269
Re: Whats wheels for my Rallye?
« Reply #25 on: 24 April 2006, 23:14 »
Audi TT Comps polished look the mutts nutz on Rallyes, thought about that option? :cool:

I will be at GTi International this year and maybe squeeze a few more in. busy year ahead with wedding etc.

Offline knobby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Re: Whats wheels for my Rallye?
« Reply #26 on: 24 April 2006, 23:24 »
Got a picture?

Really not a clue what to go for at the minute... to be honest at the mo, im looking at D90's for winter wheels and a set of RH ZW1's for summer...

Old VW's never die...they just go faster!

Offline shaft69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,790
Re: Whats wheels for my Rallye?
« Reply #27 on: 24 April 2006, 23:24 »
Nice to here you finally got your rallye after all these months :grin: Sorry i tried to post pics of my mates to you but couldn't get the pics. Sold it last weekend for £6000, first block came took his arm of for it.
MK4 1.8t bored/stroked 2.0lt AEG crank, 83mm supertech pistons, intergrated rods, ACL race brgs, Flowed large port head, Supertech valves, All ARP bolts, GTX2871r turbo, Tial wastegate, 3" pipewerx dp, REVO stage 3 tune, Direct port water meth, MORE TO COME!!! Ready to go racing
Owner of bndynamix ltd. BMW and mini specialist
184 Wallgate, Wigan
WN3 4AL
07966492823.

Offline chillie

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: Whats wheels for my Rallye?
« Reply #28 on: 24 April 2006, 23:29 »
when i got my rallye it had 17's on it but i soon changed them for 16's as i found the 17's didnt make it handle to good

Offline knobby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Re: Whats wheels for my Rallye?
« Reply #29 on: 24 April 2006, 23:43 »
6k is way over my budget.... The Rallye I have brought has loads of potential.

Ive been having thinkin about the whole 17" handling problem... This 90's are looking far more attractive...

Old VW's never die...they just go faster!