Author Topic: would the 8 inch wide version of the ATS cup fit on my car?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
well i have been looking at the ats cup wheels for a while, and i have seen there is a 15 by 7 or a 15 by 8 inch wheel, would the wider 8 inch wheels fit whithout any arch work? would 195 tyres fit these?  :undecided:

its so bloody boring out here all i am doing is spending the money i am saving before i have it! lol  :grin:
« Last Edit: 22 January 2006, 14:22 by Toofunkyhouse »
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline dubburke

• Not said much yet
Re: would the 8 inch wide version of the ATS cup fit on my car?
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2006, 19:28 »
No :sad:
7x15 wont either if you are lowered due to the low offset of the wheel :cry:

Offline richard ellison

• I live here
  • Mk1 Cab 'Gertrude'
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2006, 10:19 »
it would fit on the car but you wouldnt be able to lower it. In fact you'd have to but stiffer suspension on at standard height.

If you want to go down the road of 8" wide you need to get 13 or 14" wheels max. then it can be lowered with a 1-2" gap over the wheel.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2006, 14:06 »
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  :cry:  oh well, i should get away with 7's though i would have thought? mine are 6.5 at the mo with no problems??  :undecided:  :smiley:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline dubburke

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2006, 14:51 »
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  :cry:  oh well, i should get away with 7's though i would have thought? mine are 6.5 at the mo with no problems??  :undecided:  :smiley:
You are probably getting away with your 6.5 because the wheels you have are the right offset

Offline golfpro

• I live here
  • If in doubt, pay someone else to do it!
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2006, 14:54 »
You are probably getting away with your 6.5 because the wheels you have are the right offset

And they look great! Really dont know why youd change them for cups. Why try to fix something that aint broken!?!

thats the best mk3 ive seen..ever! its just clean and subtle.. :cool:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2006, 15:14 »
i suppose you could be right! i can get a bee in me bonet! i do like my wheels i just wish there had a bigger rim for that dished look and where a little wider which looks so cool on golf's, i was thinking of getting lower profile tyres to see if it makes me fall in love with them again!(not keen on the 195/50 look) you know how it is, you buy something and then start looking else whare! the grass is always greener!! lol  :smiley: