Author Topic: best (cheapest) place to buy poly bushes?  (Read 1685 times)

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
best (cheapest) place to buy poly bushes?
« on: 15 January 2006, 20:44 »
yo, i'm due to be replacing the bushes on my car and fancy going the poly bush route. been looking around and there are crazy prices for a cars worth!

also whats the difference between manufacturers? ie powerflex are the most popular but what about bugpack etc? is it all down to the quality of the polyurethane?
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

VeeDubGTI16v

Re: best (cheapest) place to buy poly bushes?
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2006, 21:43 »
apparently bugpack are the hardest, powerflex seem to be a waste of money, gsf do the whole bugpack set for around 50. :smiley:

they are worth fitting :smiley:

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2006, 21:47 »
why are powerflex a waste of money? i wasn't sure hardest was neceassriyl a good thing? my car vibrates like crazy due to the cam and the fact that its so low, i don't really want to add to this....

do you know anyone who has bugpack?

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2006, 21:51 »
i have bugpack :smiley:

waste of money because they are the same thing, they will only be a bit harder the bugpack. its worth getting the rear beam bushes from powerflex tho as they are the whole bush, the bugpack ones are inserts which are a bit kwik fit for my liking, and the bugpack set comes with the rack bushes for non pas, so if you have got pas you need to get them seperately from powerflex too. thats how ive done it :smiley:

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2006, 21:54 »
cool, sounds like a good set up, was planningon staring with the rear beam anyway so that'll do!

was just looking on the powerflex website and was gonna suggest me trying to get a group buy as they seem to be the same fitment for golf2,3 and corrado. thought we could get a few numbers to knock the price down!

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2006, 22:00 »
its the polyurethane topmounts that make the ride a bit harsh, i cant see the wishbone bushes etc affecting the ride, if you want it comfy id stick to rubber topmounts, the bugpack kit only comes with the rear topmounts, i had to buy the fronts seperatly from venom (think they are jom?). they also make you get stuck in lorry treadmarks on the motorway :grin:

Offline roverspeed

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2006, 12:26 »
anyone heard of prothane??

I am negociating a full front set for £68 posted of a powerseller on ebay.

that seem ok?

I am going for powerflex on the rear. And just getting new standard top mounts, the roads are sh!te over here, and i can't afford a chiropractor

:cry:

Cheers,Warren.

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2006, 11:32 »
Joe, if you help me fit them, i'd be in for some powerflex bushes on a group buy as long as it doesn't cost the earth  :smiley:   :wink:
James

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2006, 18:34 »
well i've just bought some fronts so might not be going for the group buy thing anyway! cheers though guys.... :P

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk