Author Topic: winter storage advice  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Deefadog

• I live here
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
winter storage advice
« on: 12 November 2005, 10:41 »
Hi, all my new mk1 is going to be off the road for 3-4 months and it's going to be stored outside (around the back, so it's off road)

I am thinking of getting a cheap gazebo to cover it, so i can work on it ans keep me and it dry, anyone else done this or have any oher ideas?

Also i was told to get a few of those moisure crystal boxes and put them inside the car, so moisere is keep to a minimum, again anyone else done this?

Also any other tips on keeping her runningover the 3-4 months, should i do a service on her now or wait untill she is ready to be put back, i'll keep the battery cgarged up and start her up once a week!

thanks for any advice
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Dinky

Re: winter storage advice
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2005, 12:50 »
you can actually get carcoons..they are like big inflatable bouncy castle lookin things wot you put your car in..not sure on price,but if i had the storage,thats wot id use..
as for service,wen mine was off the road,i just checked her over before hand..you shud turn it over every week (thats what im gonna be doin this time as i actually left her sat for three months :sad:) and then do the service afterwards..but thats just my opinion

I actually wanna know if any one has the web addy/telephone number of a company what does them complete car covers..but they have three layers so that it doesn lift the paint off your car..any ideas anyone?!

Dinx :kiss:

Offline Deefadog

• I live here
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2005, 19:28 »
Cheers, I just picked up a great car cover today in halfords, the ones that let the car breathe! and they have £20 off normal prive so £39.99 instead of £59.99.

Get the medium one and it fits perfect, 400 times better than halfords own make!

Dinky

« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2005, 22:49 »
well...you tell me how ya cars paint is after a few weeks...and ill think about it...
i think it was sheps wot mentioned them proper covers but i cant remember?! and id rather go off sumones opinion/own experiences... :smiley:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2005, 22:54 »
try demon tweeks Di, they do some seriously trick covers, but be prepared with spare knickers when you get a qoute, cus you'll either sh!t em with shock, or piss em laughin..... :wink:

Dinky

« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2005, 22:56 »
lol..ta for that hardcor3 :laugh:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2005, 23:00 »
anytime 4 u.... :kiss:..... :wink:

:rolleyes:

Dinky

« Reply #7 on: 13 November 2005, 23:02 »
arh...i know you mean it!! :kiss: :laugh:

Offline Bronze MK1 Cab

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 November 2005, 13:37 »
Don't put a gazebo up  :shocked: I did that last year and it ended up all twisted up in next doors garden  :grin:

Offline Deefadog

• I live here
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
« Reply #9 on: 14 November 2005, 21:17 »
 :grin: