Author Topic: GTI Edition 50 order thread  (Read 228179 times)

Offline The WolfMan

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 34
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #200 on: 31 July 2026, 23:00 »
One week ago I picked up my Edition 50 at the dealer.

Here are some photos taken moments before I left the dealer:






Yes, the screens still have the plastics. The salesman said that he asked for the plastics don't be removed during PDI. This way, my fingers would be the first ones to touch the screen. Of course that I appreciate the extra care, but I'm not that picky about cars :P

Regarding the car, it's fantastic to drive!
« Last Edit: 31 July 2026, 23:06 by The WolfMan »

Offline TurboTrev

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 543
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #201 on: 01 August 2026, 12:30 »
^^^ Very nice, tornado is slowly growing on me. :cool:  Like a couple of others, I'm despairingly looking for a decent dealer discount on a factory order. :grin:

Offline davo245

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 466
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #202 on: 06 August 2026, 22:41 »
So did anyone manage to get decent discount yet?
Seems to be a few for sale stock cars now and ones for sale few months old not moving as fast as VW thought maybe?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline busa2000

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 9
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #203 on: 28 August 2026, 10:59 »
Windrush VW Slough are advertising a couple of ED50s with £2500 discount with performance packs and a few other bits , cars in black , when spoke to them they said price was before on road price . Could be worth a call if blacks your choice. Definitely a few non performance packs around with discount if you ask .

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #204 on: 08 September 2026, 19:48 »
Will give them a call tomorrow. I don’t suppose if anyone knows if these kind of discounts are available off a new build or is it just cars in stock?

I’m inching closer to potentially getting one of these and looking to understand what the best deals are that people have achieved.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Legally Binding

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 36
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #205 on: 12 September 2026, 12:17 »
My car is finally here and ready for collection next week!

I tried asking several times for discount but no luck at all. Dealers are still steadfast on the RRP. Those on auto trader with 1/2k discount seems to be before road tax etc, so by the time you add all the sums up maybe it'll be like £500 discount.

Where the real discounts is the few examples of very lighted used cars. I check Auto Trader almost daily. There was an Edition 50, green, PP, War wheels, front PPF or CC with less than 1000 miles being sold privately for 49k. That's probably a discount of 4/5k. There is a 3rd party seller currently selling a Red Edition 50 with PP for 49k with 350 miles, again a discount of 3/4k.

I think dealers ordered a reasonable split of PP vs non PP Edition 50, and the coming months when these non PP are sitting around unsold they're bound to offer something to shift them. My dealer has an canx PP Edition 50 sold in a few days, but there's a fair few sitting around the network and online.


Offline CookieMonsterGTi

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #206 on: 12 September 2026, 13:25 »
What spec did you go for? Bet you can’t wait!
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Legally Binding

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 36
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #207 on: 13 September 2026, 12:58 »
Feels like I've waited so long much of the excitement has gone!

I ordered DM Green, Perf Pack with sliver Warmenau, area view cam, Harman Kardon, alcantara steering wheel and darken LEDs.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #208 on: 13 September 2026, 18:56 »
Feels like I've waited so long much of the excitement has gone!

I ordered DM Green, Perf Pack with sliver Warmenau, area view cam, Harman Kardon, alcantara steering wheel and darken LEDs.

Very nice!
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #209 on: 29 September 2026, 20:01 »
Well, I finally caved and have an ED50 inbound to replace my TCR.

Admit to still not wanting to see the back of the TCR but looking forwards to the ED50. After 7 years it’s the longest car I have owned but made the choice to get a newer one easy.

Already booked in for a ceramic coating. More to follow!
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass