Author Topic: Clutch problems, hydraulic?  (Read 339 times)

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
Clutch problems, hydraulic?
« on: 27 May 2024, 12:56 »
Hey there, I have a problem with a mk6 Golf clutch…
The clutch pedal has gone to the floor, and will not come back up, unless pulled up by hand.
I suspect the hydraulics to be at fault, however how to tell whether it is the master cylinder or the slave cylinder?
If I open the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder, and get someone to pump the clutch pedal manually by hand, plenty of fluid shoots out… this would suggest the master cylinder is working..
However today I have now removed the slave cylinder, it all looks intact, the rod has plenty spring in it, and I can’t find any leaks anywhere…
Oh and the clutch and flywheel were replaced 18 months ago…
So I’m a bit stumped… can anyone offer any advice?
Thanks in advance!
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: Clutch problems, hydraulic?
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2024, 15:27 »
Is the fluid level going down in the master cylinder without any visible leak? Unlikely but could there be a hydraulic leak in the clutch housing? More likely the slave cylinder seal problem.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.