Author Topic: new ride  (Read 1053 times)

Offline mossy69

• GTI forum regular
  • 2014 gtd carbon grey pro nav dyn audio keyless wp
new ride
« on: 20 May 2024, 20:21 »
hi there looking forward to picking up a new golf Gti a week on Friday hope its a good as my Gtd which I'm keeping , any good reviews and long term  ownership problems or just what you like about it welcome thanks again

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
Re: new ride
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2024, 07:37 »
HI mate, what are you picking up? which model and colour? There are plenty of threads and issues online about Mk8 infotainment problems, I hated the first launch of it, by by the time i bought my Clubby its much better and since owning i get no issues.
Good luck get some pics up
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2024, 09:19 »
Apart from all of the bloody bong issues I can say that 3 years in its been a very good car to drive.

I also came from Mk7/7.5 GTD's and its really a lot better in general. More comfortable, useful tech (when it works) and really, really handles well when you get on it but equally can be pretty economic if you just take it easy - not something I'd expected from a powerful 2 litre petrol turbo.

If they'd have just worked harder before release this would be something that everyone was saying was an iconic GTI....

That said, I don't regret buying it, it has been a good car - VW themselves less so.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2024, 18:17 »
I think you will love it. I picked my second mk8 Gti up a couple of weeks ago. Standard spec in white. Previous one was standard spec in Moonstone - 71plate, which had a few software issues which have been resolved. So have done only 400 miles so far, no problems except today, lorry in front kicked up a stone and now got a chipped windscreen!

Offline mossy69

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2024, 20:20 »
Hi there it’s a moonstone grey Adelaide wheels sports suspension head up display winter pack that’s it hope it’s ok pick up week on Friday 😆told the dealer I want all infortainment and map updates done and a full tank of fuel lol

Offline Tony Jazz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2024, 20:21 »
Hope you enjoy your GTI Mossy. Had my Mk8 from new back in Nov 2020. Did have an initial period of tech problems which took altogether two months to sort out in its first year. That apart and with a few Racing Line additions {alloys, air intake system and some cosmetic bits} its been fine. There are some pics posted in Nov 23 within the forum pages somewhere!
Pop to the shops no dramas, reset the driving modes, drive it accordingly and it will  revive that hot hatch spirit buried inside.
The Mk8 has had a tough time, due in no part to incompetence at VW which cost the then CEO his job, but I've enjoyed mine tbh.
Have fun!
Mk 8 GTI DSG.
Moonstone Grey.
Purchased new in Nov 2020 by me.
Accessories:
Racing Line RL360 Gunmetal Grey 19"Alloys. Tyres are new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6. Both fitted 20/10/23.
Racing Line R600 Air filter system/hoses.
Racing Line High Performance Ignition Packs {Red}.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2024, 17:54 »
Congrats Mossy, that sounds a great spec and colour.
Don’t forget some photos when you pick the car up  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mossy69

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2024, 15:47 »
thanks for the feedback have you any idea what the standard sound system sounds like, I have a Gtd with the dyn audio

Offline mossy69

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2024, 15:50 »
hi there the spec is    adilade wheels winter pack and heads up display think that's it ohh and Gti sports suspension haven't a clue if that's standard

Offline mossy69

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2024, 15:53 »
sorry its moonstone grey quiet a nice colour any of you guys have any photos as not seen the car until Friday hope it all goes well when get there I'm travelling from Newcastle to Cambridge for it