Author Topic: Infotainment 1941 - new small update being offered OTA, ok to install?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline DrG_GTi

• Not said much yet
As title says, has anyone on 1941 installed this yet? Any idea what the change log/info is?
Nervous to install as 1941 and a new steering wheel seem to be error free at the moment but that little red [1] is calling my name every time i drive the car lol
'21 Mk8 GTi ClubSport

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
I don’t have a mk8 Golf and my car’s too old for OTA updates. However as an aside, I thought it was interesting that my car insurance policy with LV contains the following exclusion;

‘Loss or damage caused by failure to install and/or accept OTA updates recommended by your car's manufacturer.’

Presumably it would be quite easy for an insurance company to check if an OTA update hadn’t been installed and wrangle their way out of paying a claim if the loss or damage was a considered to be a consequence of the update not being installed (e.g. if it was something affecting safety or security of the car)…… :whistle:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline DrG_GTi

• Not said much yet
@SRFTD interesting, there's always a loop hole somewhere - might have to in that case, just nice being bong free at the moment :smug:
'21 Mk8 GTi ClubSport

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Don't think the ota minor ones ever have much effect.

Suspect the main things they change are vw legal wording buried in some menu somewhere...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline DrG_GTi

• Not said much yet
Installed, no issues so far  :whistle:
'21 Mk8 GTi ClubSport