Author Topic: 1996 Mark III Golf 1.4 Newbie  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Tommytreetrunk

• Just got here
1996 Mark III Golf 1.4 Newbie
« on: 18 August 2023, 10:50 »
Hi All,

New member, signed up today. I'm going to take a look at a 1996 MK3 Golf this afternoon, not a GTI or VR6 looks to be either a GL or CL? Looks in decent nick. Done 51k, 1 owner since new.

I've always fancied a older VW and this one seems like the one to get me started.

I've checked the previous MOT's on the .gov checker and everything seems above board regarding mileage and the work seems to have been carried out (advisories are there one year then not on the next) I'll check if they have receipts for the work being carried out.

One concern I do have, there seems to be a lot of crud in the engine bay below the cold air intake, wondering if this is cause for concern or something I need to bear in mind before I buy. being new to older VW's I'm not sure if this is a common issue? tried to have a look around online but couldn't find anything so I'm wondering if you lovely knowledgeable people can help out.

Hopefully if the car does seem fine and I buy it I'll be hanging around on here a lot more. picture below, apologies its not too clear,  I can try and zoom on or take more this evening when I go to view the car.

Thanks!
Tom

« Last Edit: 18 August 2023, 10:56 by Tommytreetrunk »