Author Topic: Avon calling!  (Read 34727 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Avon calling!
« Reply #260 on: 18 June 2023, 13:15 »
There’s a forum member over on the Golf R forum who had the travel assist / SOS issue. They’re now on their third replacement steering wheel because the first two replacements only stopped the bongs for 4-5 months. :whistle: :shocked:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline GtIOlly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #261 on: 18 June 2023, 15:04 »
Yeah definitely something to do with moving off to quick I get the same or when I do 2-3 short trips when I turn the car off and back on agine in a short time.
Also started to notice like a squeak coming from the passenger side just after moving off , kinda sounds like the wipers do a quick on off but thay don't seam to move ?

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #262 on: 18 June 2023, 20:20 »
Yeah definitely something to do with moving off to quick I get the same or when I do 2-3 short trips when I turn the car off and back on agine in a short time.
Also started to notice like a squeak coming from the passenger side just after moving off , kinda sounds like the wipers do a quick on off but thay don't seam to move ?

If it’s the same as a Mk7.5 that’s normal, moving the wiper blades from park to apparently preserver the blades.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #263 on: 18 June 2023, 20:51 »
I fitted Bosch on mine a few months ago, all good.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline GtIOlly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #264 on: 18 June 2023, 21:21 »

If it’s the same as a Mk7.5 that’s normal, moving the wiper blades from park to apparently preserver the blades.

Ah right okay , just never noticed it until a few weeks ago, cheers

Offline Alienatrix

• Not said much yet
« Reply #265 on: 18 June 2023, 21:59 »
Interesting extra I've found since manually updating to 1941...apart from the fact that it does f... all to stop the bongs.

Tyre pressure loss sensor tells you which tyre has lost pressure.

Previous software was a guessing game whenever the tyre loss pressure light came on.

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #266 on: 26 June 2023, 10:50 »
So I took the car in again this morning to have the front parking sensor error looked at. Turns out it’s not a software fault, there is a minute stone chip on one of the sensors that’s causing the fault. As it’s a stone chip it’s not covered by warranty and will cost £200 to replace the tiny round sensor! I really hate this car.

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #267 on: 26 June 2023, 21:38 »
So I took the car in again this morning to have the front parking sensor error looked at. Turns out it’s not a software fault, there is a minute stone chip on one of the sensors that’s causing the fault. As it’s a stone chip it’s not covered by warranty and will cost £200 to replace the tiny round sensor! I really hate this car.

Most of that will be Labour charge due to removing the bumper, but, it’s a pretty simple process if you’re in any way inclined to do it yourself, depending on which sensor it is exactly, it may even be possible to do it from underneath with the belly pan removed without removing the bumper,
 here’s a link to the sensors you need, there are two types (straight and angled plug) you’d need to know which sensor is faulty to know which one is needed, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334852433979?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lIAG5KNYQFW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=tp2LCNeJSEm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334852386715?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lIAG5KNYQFW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=tp2LCNeJSEm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
« Last Edit: 26 June 2023, 22:04 by Carlosfandango »
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #268 on: 27 June 2023, 09:50 »
Thanks Carlos but I would cock it up.

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #269 on: 04 July 2023, 19:19 »
Mine was in for diagnostics mid-May and I was told 6wks for a new steering wheel.  That time has come and gone with no contact from the dealer (no courtesy at all) so phoned them up today.  No steering wheel, not even an ETA for a steering wheel. 

These MK8s really are a piece of crap and VW quality and customer service has fallen off a cliff..  No issues at all with my MK7.5.  Wish I had it back.
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue