Author Topic: Side parking sensors don't always work  (Read 923 times)

Offline ProtoCulture

• Not said much yet
Side parking sensors don't always work
« on: 06 October 2021, 16:50 »
Hi all, new here.

Have a 2016 Mk7 with park assist and I have an intermittent problem where the side sensors don't always work, no problems with the front and rears, just the sides.

Anything obvious to check?

Thanks.
2016 Tornado Red GTI PP, DSG, 19" Santiago's, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Park Assist & Camera.
Mods: Revo Stage 1 ECU & TCU remap. Racingline R600 with Inlet pipe, turbo elbow and muffler delete. Clubsport S backbox. Eibach lowering springs. VBT Hooked discs and Racingline RP700 pads.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: Side parking sensors don't always work
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2021, 16:50 »
I had park assist on mine and I believe what you're seeing is usual. The side sensors aren't actual sensors and I think it works out those values from the sensors just in front of the front wheels and just behind the rear wheels using software/magic.

Once you have started manoeuvring, the bars should appear in the display.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline ProtoCulture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2021, 12:20 »
I'm not so sure. Maybe I should have been a bit clearer in my OP.

They have been working fine until I gave it a wash the other week (pressure washer, snow foam etc).

Since then sometimes none work, sometimes only as little as one quarter. They seem to work most of the time, but I'm just worried I might have drowned one or two of them!

To be clear, the front and rears are 100% working.
2016 Tornado Red GTI PP, DSG, 19" Santiago's, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Park Assist & Camera.
Mods: Revo Stage 1 ECU & TCU remap. Racingline R600 with Inlet pipe, turbo elbow and muffler delete. Clubsport S backbox. Eibach lowering springs. VBT Hooked discs and Racingline RP700 pads.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2021, 17:50 »
Pressure washers are the devil's equipment designed to wreck cars! :evil:
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline ProtoCulture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2021, 18:22 »
Ironically, since post this thread they've been fine....  :rolleyes:

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2021, 18:25 »
Pressure washers are the devil's equipment designed to wreck cars! :evil:

As with many things, there a right and wrong ways to use them. I’ve used my pressure washer for car washing duties for 4+ years and haven’t experienced any issues with it causing damage.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl