Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 116456 times)

Offline Korszun

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #160 on: 12 October 2021, 10:04 »
Not the update I wanted to post but in case it's useful to anybody, my car has now gone to build week 5 so likely delivery in March if (a very big if) it even gets built to that schedule.

Now >12 months delivery and I have a ~3 month gap when I will be without a car because my current one goes back in December.

Currently assessing options but with the demand for cars, used prices are crazy so I'm inclined not to cancel my order and beg/borrow/rent to fill the gap.  Very disappointed with the lack of support from VW or the dealer.

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #161 on: 12 October 2021, 14:17 »
As mentioned before I ordered my car on the first week of January. I’ve only ever been given a delivery date (to dealership) and I’ve never been given a BW up until now.

So my dealer is saying that delivery (to dealership) is the first week of November and my BW is 35. Is one month between build week and delivery to Scotland realistic?

P.S. They haven’t actually confirmed if my car was built in week 35 yet 🤦‍♂️
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #162 on: 12 October 2021, 15:16 »
I ordered in January and my estimated build date has just been moved again to week 13
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #163 on: 12 October 2021, 16:29 »
Same boat, wk46 became 52 and update on Sunday was wk10. Really disappointed now

Gutted and spent last 48hrs getting prices and quotes on a mk7.5 R which were ridiculous. Then looked at an older mk7 R.

Could sell my basic 7.5 Match at a healthy profit temporarily and pickup a £500 run around but not sure how that would impact the MK8 deal later.
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline PareshV

• Not said much yet
« Reply #164 on: 13 October 2021, 00:38 »
As mentioned before I ordered my car on the first week of January. I’ve only ever been given a delivery date (to dealership) and I’ve never been given a BW up until now.

So my dealer is saying that delivery (to dealership) is the first week of November and my BW is 35. Is one month between build week and delivery to Scotland realistic?

Not sure about 1st week November for delivery but last week Monday they were still building week 35 golfs. This is from my vw dealer. Mines a week 36 build and earliest I'll probably see it will be end of November I'm guessing.
Ordered: CS45, Pearl White, DCC, Harmon Kardon, Front Winter Seats

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #165 on: 13 October 2021, 01:33 »
Same boat, wk46 became 52 and update on Sunday was wk10. Really disappointed now

Gutted and spent last 48hrs getting prices and quotes on a mk7.5 R which were ridiculous. Then looked at an older mk7 R.

Could sell my basic 7.5 Match at a healthy profit temporarily and pickup a £500 run around but not sure how that would impact the MK8 deal later.
If I were you I’d hold on for now. I’m not in the uk but I know used prices are strong at the moment, I reckon they are unlikely to change drastically in that time and if you’ve a set price for yours you should be able to sell for a bit more elsewhere come the time.

Im in Ireland and ordered the same week as you and still have the week 44 build for now.. Our national budget was today and they have upped our vrt (the tax that makes every car more expensive here when compared to the uk) by 4% so that means another 2/3k on top of our already ridiculous prices if the car is registered in the new year.

Used prices here have also shot up so I plan to sell my current car just before collection. My car just like most have gone up considerably since June when we made the deal.

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #166 on: 13 October 2021, 14:23 »

Not sure about 1st week November for delivery but last week Monday they were still building week 35 golfs. This is from my vw dealer. Mines a week 36 build and earliest I'll probably see it will be end of November I'm guessing.

I think the fact that we don’t have enough lorry drivers to offload the containers coming into our ports is going to cause further delays again unfortunately.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/hgv-driver-crisis-forces-cargo-ships-to-divert-from-uk-because-of-container-backlog-12432213

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #167 on: 14 October 2021, 13:15 »
Someone in the CS45 order thread just posted that they got this response from the online help when asking for an update on their car. Probably explains why my dealership have no idea where my car is.

"We would love to help with an order update however we're unable to provide this at the moment as our tracker is showing incorrect order information. Factory and IT are currently resolving this. Please check in with us next week."

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #168 on: 14 October 2021, 23:33 »
Would anyone consider cancelling a mk8 CS build for a late 2019 TCR with akra?

Mk8 CS was base plus colour DCC and Winter now on estimated wk10 plus delivery.
TCR similar monthly but it’s now 2 yr old with 15k on it.

I’ve a base golf 7.5 now and I like the interior and infotainment, the TCR would be free from mk8 glitches.

From what I’m reading the situation is getting worse with Wolfsburg closing the line again for another 2 weeks. Adding to this lorry driver issues this side of the North Sea.

This is so frustrating
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #169 on: 15 October 2021, 00:16 »
TCR is a very special car imo so yeah I’d consider it in your shoes. It would bug me intensely though to pay new car money for a 2 year old.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.