Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 124669 times)

Offline Tony Jazz

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #790 on: 11 November 2023, 18:54 »
Forgot to mention I took the replacement Engine Cover off for the photo. Hopefully RL will sell one of those one day? Anything is better than the dull VW part we have to be thankful for.
Mk 8 GTI DSG.
Moonstone Grey.
Purchased new in Nov 2020 by me.
Accessories:
Racing Line RL360 Gunmetal Grey 19"Alloys. Tyres are new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6. Both fitted 20/10/23.
Racing Line R600 Air filter system/hoses.
Racing Line High Performance Ignition Packs {Red}.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #791 on: 12 November 2023, 19:23 »
Spent 25 minutes repeatedly hitting the climate button this morning on the m25 as it stopped responding and the windows steamed up. Dangerous

It’s annoying as it was working fine when I left home then just stopped working 10 minutes later.

Stopped at the first opportunity, restarted the car and it was fine

Happened again this morning. I love this car but the software is a joke

I got a warning on Tuesday the SOS wasn’t working but that disappeared on Wednesday. However, when I broke down that evening and pressed the SOS button ( tried once, twice and also holding it ) there was no response at all

Have you had the sos unit replaced? It was a problem that caused the infamous double click noise infotainment reboot in earlier mk8's....
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #792 on: 12 November 2023, 20:50 »
No.. it’s going in next month so I’ll mention it. It's nothing something you know doesn’t work until you need it then…

Tell them you get a strange loud double click noise and the infotainment reboots while you are driving... They will swap the sos unit
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #793 on: 27 November 2023, 11:49 »
Good to see your wheel centres are properly aligned Ceefeesh!

DrG, nice subtle Clubsport badging, it addresses the issue VW neglected.

BillSan, a nice positive start with the Goodyears then. Knowing Potenzas the rears will last another 30k 😁

You were right about the Potenza's Exonian.

An update on my tyres as the CS is in for an oil service today.

The new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6's which went on the front at the start of May are now worn to 5.3mm after about 7k miles.  The Potenza S005's that were on the front for 20k miles and moved to the rear in May are now worn to 4.2mm.

It certainly looks like Potenza's are the VFM option, although the F1 AS6's make less noise and suit the car better IMO.   

PS - Dealer won't update SW to 1941 but has put bongs down to needing a new steering wheel.  It's now ordered so let's see.
« Last Edit: 27 November 2023, 14:30 by BillSan »
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #795 on: 27 November 2023, 16:49 »
Hi

I don’t have those exact sills but I do have these Lockwood sills for a Mk 8 GTI with the correct font, not the Mk 7 font. I don’t have a GTI anymore. I never got around to fitting them, they are still in the transit tube. If you’re interested pm me directly, they’ll be half the price.

Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #796 on: 04 December 2023, 21:02 »
Today the car was swapped out for a T-Roc courtesy car for a few hours.
Nice comfy car, dreadful interior plastics. Oh and I didn’t like the HVAC control panel. I can see why they’re popular though.

But I now have an engine cover 🎉🎈
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #797 on: 07 December 2023, 13:05 »
Engine cover replaced with new one as part of VW recall.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #798 on: 31 January 2024, 12:11 »
I believe I have resolved the ongoing rattle I've been experiencing, I didn't resolve this earlier as the continuing bongs far outweighed a minor rattle, anyway the source of the rattle might be helpful to others.
The rattle was coming from a small plastic clip at the end of the slider rail for the front passenger seat, the piece of plastic was slightly loose so a strategically place piece of paper has stopped this irritation, accessible from the rear door, the piece of plastic is at the very rear of the slider rail.
Oh and another thing, the undertray (part of the current recall) was also replaced last week when they changed my steering wheel.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
« Reply #799 on: 01 February 2024, 10:00 »
New tyres fitted yesterday - Goodyear Asymetric 6 - to replace the hideous no brand ones the dealer fitted when I bought the car. Handling was a bit of a lottery in the damp/wet 😬

Anyway, only done 10 miles in them so far, but initial impressions are good.  I’m a bit old school and like to break new tyres in, so will se what they’re properly like in a couple of weeks time.