Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 121512 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #770 on: 12 October 2023, 18:32 »
What’s the mileage on yours fredgroves (as it’s quite young to need new brakes)?

Leaky DCC dampers less of a surprise.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #771 on: 12 October 2023, 19:03 »
30k miles... Maybe I'm too hard on the brakes. It was only front pads in the end.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #772 on: 12 October 2023, 20:52 »
That must’ve been a relief that it’s just pads.

Just curious as mine is approaching the 3rd service in six weeks or so and will be a similar mileage. A set of discs and pads would have been a proper kick in the whatsits.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #773 on: 19 October 2023, 07:37 »
Cried inside a little as my neighbour’s visitor did this to my car and drove off. Shame they were seen hitting my car

Cracked the bumper, broke the grill

Bar Stewards.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
« Reply #774 on: 19 October 2023, 12:16 »
Cried inside a little as my neighbour’s visitor did this to my car and drove off. Shame they were seen hitting my car

Cracked the bumper, broke the grill

Bar Stewards.

My thoughts exactly.  They knew they had hit your car to do that much damage 🤬

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #775 on: 19 October 2023, 13:36 »
Typical response - ‘it’s just a scratch on the bumper’, always best bet to go through insurance - why cut her any slack?
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
« Reply #776 on: 19 October 2023, 13:37 »
The driver has finally been in touch with some excuses but admitting liability in writing.

She doesn’t want it to go through insurance and has offered to pay cash

Too late, already in our insurers hands. Also, I suspect she thinks it’s £200 damage not £2000 ( or whatever it might be )
2 grand probably isn’t far off the mark 👍

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #777 on: 19 October 2023, 13:41 »
The driver has finally been in touch with some excuses but admitting liability in writing.

She doesn’t want it to go through insurance and has offered to pay cash

Too late, already in our insurers hands. Also, I suspect she thinks it’s £200 damage not £2000 ( or whatever it might be )
2 grand probably isn’t far off the mark 👍

Yep, I scuffed the paint on my bumper last year, no damage apart from the paint and slight plastic scuff - £240 at a local chips away.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #778 on: 19 October 2023, 15:44 »
Realistically, that could be fixed for a few hundred.

Assuming no damage to the headlight or any of the light fixings, bumper bar, etc, then its just a cosmetic bumper repair (they wouldn't even paint the whole bumper) and replacement of that lower grill, assuming that's damaged (hard to tell?). Those unpainted plastic grills on the bumper are fairly cheap afaik.

It's 2K territory if you insist on a full bumper replacement or possibly even worse if the headlamp is damaged.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2023, 15:47 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #779 on: 29 October 2023, 20:06 »
Spent 25 minutes repeatedly hitting the climate button this morning on the m25 as it stopped responding and the windows steamed up. Dangerous

It’s annoying as it was working fine when I left home then just stopped working 10 minutes later.

Stopped at the first opportunity, restarted the car and it was fine

My car did that, did you get what resembled a spinning buffering circle where the snowflake image appears at the bottom right of the screen? I was already booked into the dealership a few days later, so told them about it then, they told me that the 1941 sw update would address this, I only ever had it happen once, but it’s not happened since (before or after the update) hopefully won’t happen again!
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU