Author Topic: UK Configurator is up....  (Read 10902 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: UK Configurator is up....
« Reply #30 on: 24 September 2020, 16:39 »
i notice that in the price list at least, the really expensive leather option now includes not only heated seats but air conditioned as well, and also including electric adjustment with memory function

Vienna’ Black/Grey perforated leather upholstery with red piping and contrast stitching including, front sports seats with
integrated headrests. Heated and air conditioned front seats. Driver’s seat with electric adjustment for seat height, seat length,
seat cushion angle, backrest angle and electrically adjustable lumbar support. Driver’s seat with memory settings for driver’s seat
position and door mirrors. Passenger’s seat with manual height adjustment and lumbar support
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 24 September 2020, 17:12 »
    ‘Vienna’ Black/Grey perforated leather upholstery with red piping and contrast stitching including:

- Front sports seats with integrated headrests.

- Heated and air conditioned front seats.

- Driver’s seat with electric adjustment for seat height, seat length, seat cushion angle, backrest angle and electrically adjustable lumbar support.

- Driver’s seat with memory settings for driver’s seat position and door mirrors.

- Passenger’s seat with manual height adjustment and lumbar support[/li][/list]

I would like this option with cloth just to be difficult

Yeah never was an option on the Mk7 for cloth seats and electronic controls. If you wanted all of that, you had to drive around with a sweaty buttcrack.

If you deconstruct the brochure though, manual lumbar support is included on the GTI seats, like the Mk7.x.

These seats might tempt some people, its the first time you can get air conditioned seats in a small hatch?
    Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
    Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
    • Professional Um Bongo drinker
    « Reply #32 on: 24 September 2020, 17:31 »
    Fairly sure the one series has them...
    Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
    Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
    « Reply #33 on: 24 September 2020, 18:24 »
    Carpet mats listed as an extra.  :grin:

Configurator app wouldn’t work properly for me. Very surprised as these new models usually launch smoothly.
    Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
    « Reply #34 on: 24 September 2020, 19:14 »
    Just for sh!ts and giggles I ran my choices through the configurator. Manual, sunroof, red, 19s without DCC, mats(!), spare wheel, and winter pack which came to £36655! You'd hope once there's some deposit contribution from a broker that'd drop below £31k but even so, that seems a lot considering my MK7 was £24k only 5 years ago. The red looks like the best colour, a heated steering wheel one of the best new features, my poor little digits do feel the cold!
    2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
    « Reply #35 on: 24 September 2020, 19:26 »
    Discounts and dealer contributions will be key with the Mk8 as other hot hatches, like the 135i, are more powerful but will be cheaper with the huge discounts available. I do worry about the future of the gti.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
    « Reply #36 on: 24 September 2020, 19:44 »

Configurator app wouldn’t work properly for me. Very surprised as these new models usually launch smoothly.

Carpet mats front and rear are standard on all mk8 Golfs apart from the entry level ‘Life’ model.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
    Gone but not forgotten;
    2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
    2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
    2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
    2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline king monkey

• I live here
    « Reply #37 on: 24 September 2020, 19:49 »

Carpet mats front and rear are standard on all mk8 Golfs apart from the entry level ‘Life’ model.

Well that’s sold it then, I’ll buy 2!  :grin:

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
    « Reply #38 on: 25 September 2020, 09:26 »
    Just specced a DSG GTi on the Irish configurator with HK sound system, rear camera, winter pack and HUD and it came to 50K euro on the button. Will I pay 50k for a GTi, will i keep my almost 7 year old GTi until it falls apart,probably yes. Base model is 45K with no options. Crazy!
    Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
    • Professional Um Bongo drinker
    « Reply #39 on: 25 September 2020, 09:40 »
    Thats £41,000 for DSG base spec in Eire.... wtf!
    Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
    Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC