Author Topic: Golf R 2 stage detail at CRP in Buxton - With before and after pics.  (Read 3006 times)

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
That does look a very good job and a fair price for what was done.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
That does look a very good job
To be fair, interior photos under artificial light will always exaggerate and look very good (hence why 99% of detailers use these 'progress' shots in bay, to promote their services). Get it outside and photo how the reflections look in daylight, thats's when a good 'detail' will be demonstrated in both finish and product quality. :)
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Kingy25

• Not said much yet
I gave the car it’s first clean yesterday between the rain. Chris told me to wait for 7 days before cleaning. Once dried off it looked immaculate - just as it does in the finished pics at the start of the thread. Not a mark or swirl to be seen. I went over the car in microscopic detail and can only re confirm that I’m very impressed with the job and the finish.  :cool:

Thanks for all the positive comments.  :smiley:

Offline Will2018

• Not said much yet
Glad you got sorted, looks really good and a decent price too. Tempted to get my alloys sealed as I’ve just had them refurbed.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
To be fair, interior photos under artificial light will always exaggerate and look very good (hence why 99% of detailers use these 'progress' shots in bay, to promote their services). Get it outside and photo how the reflections look in daylight, thats's when a good 'detail' will be demonstrated in both finish and product quality. :)

They usually use this lighting to help clearly show up any imperfections. All camera photos can hide slight imperfections but using just outside lighting won't show up some things that a direct light may do.

Anyway for a correction it's a good job and good end results.

Offline Kingy25

• Not said much yet
Glad you got sorted, looks really good and a decent price too. Tempted to get my alloys sealed as I’ve just had them refurbed.

Thanks again for the heads up.  :cool:

Offline Kingy25

• Not said much yet
Feynlab is at the cheaper end of the ceramic coating scale, and it looks as though only one coating was used all over rather than multi-layers. So from the £650 only £100ish was actually product (much less if the 'Ceramic Lite' product was used), the bulk of the cost was seemingly his time for the 'correction' (which looks very good!), so the price is pretty normal.

There is always one on every forum.  :rolleyes:

As mentioned earlier in the thread I was offered different options which (to clarify) were upto £2,500 for a self healing ceramic coating. I researched Feynlab and was very happy with the specification of the product I chose, the reviews given by customers and the backing of a five year guarantee.

I’m glad you approve of the correction element of the job. I will sleep easy tonight.  :wink:

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Feynlab is at the cheaper end of the ceramic coating scale, and it looks as though only one coating was used all over rather than multi-layers. So from the £650 only £100ish was actually product (much less if the 'Ceramic Lite' product was used), the bulk of the cost was seemingly his time for the 'correction' (which looks very good!), so the price is pretty normal.

There is always one on every forum.  :rolleyes:

As mentioned earlier in the thread I was offered different options which (to clarify) were upto £2,500 for a self healing ceramic coating. I researched Feynlab and was very happy with the specification of the product I chose, the reviews given by customers and the backing of a five year guarantee.

I’m glad you approve of the correction element of the job. I will sleep easy tonight.  :wink:
You posted on a public forum to show off what you had done to your car, somebody made a comment enquiring about price, so I put some real-life context around the price for them in a constructive yet factual manner. If you don’t like constructive context then perhaps posting in a public forum wasn’t the best thing to do. I could have posted my actual thoughts which would  have been more to the point and blunt...

At £650 for a paint correction and single layer of lower quality ceramic coating, you paid way over the odds. The product used on your car was c£80 (C£35 for the lite one) so you’ve spent c£570 on a paint correction, which doesn’t take 4-5days to do, not by any stretch of the imagination. Self healing ceramic coatings don’t cost £2500, I have that on mine (multiple coats and layers) As well as other protective coats inside and outside the car, and I only paid a fraction more overall than you did for yours.

So feel free to roll your eyes at me, but if I can try to help somebody not pay over the odds like you did, then I’ll do it.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Kingy25

• Not said much yet
kmpowell - I did not post to "show off". I posted as I had asked for a referral on this public forum and so shared the results. People often ask for help or referrals, get info and then never give an update. I thought that posting a thread showing the results of a forum referral is good forum etiquette and that it might be helpful to other members.

The figures make sense - x3 days labour (not 4-5 days) & product & 5 year warranty. Other thread contributors felt the same. 

You have now shared your "blunt" opinions and pretty much ruined the thread, so thanks for that.  :rolleyes:

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
... I have that on mine (multiple coats and layers) As well as other protective coats inside and outside the car, and I only paid a fraction more overall than you did for yours.

I'd appreciate the company that did yours if that's ok and what products and price as I'm looking for someone to do mine again as not entirely happy with mine as it currently is. Can PM if preferred, Thanks.