Poll

What streaming/download service are you using?

Apple Music
10 (27.8%)
Spotify
9 (25%)
Amazon
4 (11.1%)
YouTube/Google Play
0 (0%)
Deezer
1 (2.8%)
Tidal
1 (2.8%)
Don’t use CarPlay
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: CarPlay poll  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
CarPlay poll
« on: 13 January 2020, 19:40 »
Curious what service people are using, ideally those with iPhones and CarPlay (rather than Android).

NB I don’t stream in the car due to lower music quality, patchy signal and unnecessarily burning through data so I download on WIFI for offline playback at maximum bit rate.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2020, 23:49 by Mutley75 »
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: CarPlay poll
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2020, 20:21 »
I've dabbled with Amazon music but wasn't impressed with the audio quality or the burning through data. So i've gone back to using my old iPod.
7.5 GTD

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2020, 20:36 »
I only used Amazon briefly but felt much the same as you. I’ve found a distinct difference between Apple and Spotify too, which I’ve written about here - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=264178.msg2614377#msg2614377
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2020, 21:10 »
I have used Spotify for years and I have used the 3 month Apple Music free trial and even paid for them concurrently this year when I was toying with getting a HomePod, purely to see if I could live with Apple Music.

Whilst the general consensus is that Apple Music sounds marginally better, so marginally that you probably wouldn't notice, I decided to stick with Spotify purely for the Daily Mix playlists, User created and curated playlists and the overall experience using the app.

I found that Apple Music was still stuck in the iPod days where it's very album orientated and I had to put work into finding music that I liked and creating playlists. Whereas Spotify already had 5 Daily Mixes of differing genres ready to go and then when I wanted to create a playlist it would suggest an endless list of similar songs that I could add at the touch of a button.

So, for me, all of these Spotify features far outweigh the ever-so-slightly AAC encoded better quality audio. I really wanted to like Apple Music since I seem to have every other item that Apple sells but I just hated the app.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2020, 22:19 »
Use Apple car play.

You get 6 months free with the car so made sense.

To be honest I only use it on longer journeys as you have to plug it in. If it was wireless like the wife’s I’d use it all the time.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2020, 22:39 »
Use Apple car play.

To be honest I only use it on longer journeys as you have to plug it in. If it was wireless like the wife’s I’d use it all the time.

Plugging in is better.  It means the phone doesn't die while you're using Google Maps, Waze or listening to music; plus audio fidelity is preserved over cable, but degraded over wireless/Bluetooth.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2020, 23:23 »
It's withcraft and you're all going to BURN IN HELL :evil: :whistle: :rolleyes: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 14 January 2020, 07:08 »
Use Apple car play.

Plugging in is better.  It means the phone doesn't die while you're using Google Maps, Waze or listening to music; plus audio fidelity is preserved over cable, but degraded over wireless/Bluetooth.

Agreed. What I meant was I would use car play (wireless) for the quick 5 minute pop to where ever as can’t be bothered to plug in for such a short journey regardless of sound benefits. A longer journey I would always plug in (it at least be using the ‘wireless’ charger.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 14 January 2020, 07:15 »
CDs anyone?

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 14 January 2020, 07:33 »
CDs anyone?

Err it’s 2020...  :laugh: