Author Topic: Software update on car....will it affect my remap?  (Read 8282 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Re: Software update on car....will it affect my remap?
« Reply #20 on: 01 November 2017, 13:16 »
Hmm interesting guys, thanks for the input. I’ll go see my Revo guy and see what he says.

I thought even if put back to stock you can still tell it’s been mapped anyway? I’m aware it’ll affect the warranty but I was happy to accept this as I don’t foresee any issues with the engine going pop with just a stage 1. My Revo guy said the engines are really solid with this power output.

Any update on this Burger... Have you been back to see your REVO dealer for clarification?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 01 November 2017, 13:52 »
Yeh so my Revo dealer said the brake software update shouldn’t affect the remap. He said I can pop in after it’s done and they can hook the ecu up to double check nothing untoward has happened.

Very good service from them I thought. If something goes wrong he said they can just reflash it back on so it’s not an issue.

I’m sure I’ll be able to tell if the map has gone back to stock anyway once I drive it!

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #22 on: 01 November 2017, 17:01 »
I'm sure you will be able to tell, mine is night and day different from stock to 370bhp!  :cool:

So are you leaving the stage 1 map on when it goes in?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 01 November 2017, 20:13 »
Yeh i'm leaving it on. As others have said it can still be detected by VW and i'm not worried about my warranty as the car is only 11000 miles old.

I have an uprated torque mount and my Revo guy said the TSI engine is barely straining with 300bhp. So I can't foresee anything to worry about.

How does your's handle 370bhp through the front wheels?
Have you got a separate thread on your car?

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #24 on: 01 November 2017, 20:18 »
I think I might leave mine on then but just turn it down to stock with the sps. Mine handles 370 well, I'd recommend it to any other CS owners.
There was a "who's remapped a CS thread" but I was the only one...  :wink:

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 01 November 2017, 20:23 »
Is that a stage 1 up to 370bhp?

Does the CS have a bigger turbo than a standard GTI?

I'll check out the thread...

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #26 on: 01 November 2017, 20:36 »
Is that a stage 1 up to 370bhp?

Does the CS have a bigger turbo than a standard GTI?

I'll check out the thread...

Ya, stage 1 up to 370bhp due to the R engine with the bigger IS38 turbo plus a few other bits.
http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-vii/294/stage-1

I also have one of these fitted to help hold things in place.
https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/034motorsport/034motorsport-billet-aluminium-mqb-dogbone-mount-insert/

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 01 November 2017, 20:43 »
Nice. Very nice.

I must admit the Revo map is worth every penny. And i'm also jealous of the rims you have. Austins are so naff in my opinion.

Shame yours cost about £600 a rim from VW! :cry:

Hopefully getting Eventuri induction kit next Feb (looks like a piece of art), VW Racing springs and some Revo RVO19 alloys.

Then thats me done for mods.

I hear that the CS makes a much nicer noise than the standard GTI, is that through the soundaktor or is it genuine do you know?

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #28 on: 01 November 2017, 20:46 »
I've turned the sounaktor off with my obdeleven, the exhaust note is better on the CS IMHO.

Pops and bangs at will with practice...  :cool:

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #29 on: 01 November 2017, 21:00 »
Nice. Very nice.

I must admit the Revo map is worth every penny. And i'm also jealous of the rims you have. Austins are so naff in my opinion.

Shame yours cost about £600 a rim from VW! :cry:

Hopefully getting Eventuri induction kit next Feb (looks like a piece of art), VW Racing springs and some Revo RVO19 alloys.

Then thats me done for mods.

I hear that the CS makes a much nicer noise than the standard GTI, is that through the soundaktor or is it genuine do you know?

Different back-box on the CS and bit louder with a few pops and crackles when pushing it (although they are not constant or tiring at all). Soundaktor should be definitely turned off imo. The noise you get is quite good in fact to not need any artificial BS to enhance it, at least on the CS.

Eventuri? I have seen their pics and vids and yes it looks very cool but probably the worst money/gain mod you could come up with, freaky expensive for what it offers.