Author Topic: 2 questions; Key fob battery and steamy windows  (Read 5922 times)

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
2 questions; Key fob battery and steamy windows
« on: 18 November 2016, 22:29 »
Does anyone happen to know what battery is required for the 2015 gti key fob - keyless entry but with the flip key if that makes any difference , getting a message telling me to replace it, thought it would last longer than 12 months tbh. :rolleyes:

Also, when I leave my car when I come back the windows are steamed up, there are no damp coats etc left in the vehicle, I have even felt the footwells incase they were damp but they seem dry ( unless of course it's wet deep in the sound deadening)  :undecided:

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
Re: 2 questions; Key fob battery and steamy windows
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2016, 22:49 »
1).Sorry don't know.Maybe in the handbook?.Should last longer than a year.I would just start using the spare. :smiley:

2) Make sure your climate control is set to Auto.I think the recirculate air button is manual so it won't be that.
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2016, 23:03 »
Does anyone happen to know what battery is required for the 2015 gti key fob - keyless entry but with the flip key if that makes any difference , getting a message telling me to replace it, thought it would last longer than 12 months tbh. :rolleyes:

Also, when I leave my car when I come back the windows are steamed up, there are no damp coats etc left in the vehicle, I have even felt the footwells incase they were damp but they seem dry ( unless of course it's wet deep in the sound deadening)  :undecided:

Prerry sure it takes a CR2025 battery.  The average battery life for keyless is 1 year.  Just had mine changed at 1 year after low battery warning and I know others with keyless had the same. I got the dealer to change mine at first service and they picked up the tab.

Always a quite divisive subject steaming up of windows and everyone has their own thoughts. My personal experience is that running climate control/aircon is the answer to misting up.  Not had a single misting issue on my R and run aircon all year round.  Some people put silica gel pack in their door pockets to absorb excess moisture in the car or some use Pingi dehumidifier bag.
« Last Edit: 18 November 2016, 23:06 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2016, 23:05 »
I've read Keyless is always communicating with the car so its battery is being used regularly hence why it drains quicker than a car without.
Its a CR2025 according to this "How to change the battery" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE4fx5pLNXo

As for the windows steamed. Do you use the AC?
My windows were always steamed up when I came back to the car if I had used AC. Stopped using it years ago and never get steamy windows.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2016, 23:18 »

Prerry sure it takes a CR2025 battery.  The average battery life for keyless is 1 year.  Just had mine changed at 1 year after low battery warning and I know others with keyless had the same. I got the dealer to change mine at first service and they picked up the tab.

Always a quite divisive subject steaming up of windows and everyone has their own thoughts. My personal experience is that running climate control/aircon is the answer to misting up.  Not had a single misting issue on my R and run aircon all year round.  Some people put silica gel pack in their door pockets to absorb excess moisture in the car or some use Pingi dehumidifier bag.

I always remember my old Dad telling me after he bought his wee Honda Jazz how the windows kept steaming up.He asked his neighbour about it who promptly informed him he had his A/C button set to 'recirculate'.Switched off-end of problem.After that,he started reading his handbook!.
Like yourself,i run my all the time,all year round.I paid for it so i'll use it.Never have a problem with 'steamy windows'.I feel a song coming on!. :cool:

Online JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 November 2016, 00:47 »
Battery is CR 2025. Costs about 3 quid in your nearest supermarket/chemist and takes about 30 seconds to change it. It's really not that big a deal...

I've had 2 MK7's with keyless and got the low battery warning in both around the 1 year mark.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 19 November 2016, 00:49 »
Battery is CR 2025. Costs about 3 quid in your nearest supermarket/chemist and takes about 30 seconds to change it. It's really not that big a deal...

I've had 2 MK7's with keyless and got the low battery warning in both around the 1 year mark.

I'll be looking out for it now then.1 year and 2 months in. :grin:

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 November 2016, 07:29 »
I've just passed the three year mark and changed the batteries for a second time a short while ago.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 19 November 2016, 12:24 »
I got a Panasonic battery delivered from eBay for 99p took 2 minutes to fit.

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 25 November 2016, 22:16 »
Hi sorry for not replying earlier been mad busy with work. Thanks for the advice battery sorted now  :laugh:

However tonight the lower part of my windscreen is frozen with a thin layer of ice, it's driving me mad  :angry: