Author Topic: UK made Dogbone Mount Inserts. Any interest ?  (Read 1954 times)

Offline _baz

• Not said much yet
UK made Dogbone Mount Inserts. Any interest ?
« on: 19 July 2016, 20:53 »
Hi guys,

I've found a business making custom aluminium parts and was speaking to them about the popularity of dogbone mount inserts. Which fit in the gap around the torque arm bushing and eliminate excess movement during shifting creating a better driving "feel" for not much ££

In the US they seem to be a very popular and cost effective modification but I don't see anyone in the UK manufacturing them.

They say they can make a batch no problem if we get a few of us that want them.

So if anybody is interested please let me know via direct message or reply here.

Sorry if I'm breaking any forum guidelines. If a moderator wishes to move this or wants to let me know where best to post it them please do so.

Thanks
Baz

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: UK made Dogbone Mount Inserts. Any interest ?
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2016, 10:13 »
I've got a US made one and it definitely helps stop some (but not all) of the tramping.

Bare in mind there are apparently 2 types of dogbone on the Mk7 GTI, each requiring a different insert.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2016, 12:28 »
As I said on the other forum, Awesome GTI sell them for £43 each for type 1 or 2 so unless you can get the price to that or lower you don't stand much chance.

Offline _baz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2016, 19:47 »
As I said on the other forum, Awesome GTI sell them for £43 each for type 1 or 2 so unless you can get the price to that or lower you don't stand much chance.

Yeah,

I didn't realise Awesome sold the 043 Motorsport ones in the UK. I've spoken to the guys and they don't think the profit margins will be decent enough. Its a shame but they have a good bunch of stuff for the older generation VW stuff and are getting more well known,

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2016, 22:02 »
If they could knock something out like the S2T extended dsg paddles for rather less than the £250ish that  they cost (with import taxes) I'm sure there would be some takers. The difficulty is that the pin fixing area, where the extended paddle replaces the original, needs to be very accurate. The S2T items are each CNC machined from aircraft spec. aluminium (or titanium at even greater cost!), hence the cost. All of the cheaper competitors are cast aluminium, or plastic, and screw, or stick, to the original paddles. Obviously, the S2T replacement paddles are a much more elegant solution, and so command a premium price, but £250 is a lot of money.

Can you see something there for them?
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.